Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast pump relay location ballast issue

DMCCAR

I have a 2009 malibu Vlx and my left rear pump wont fill. I know this is not a fuse issue and not a pump issue as both have been checked.  I and next lead to believe that it is the MUX switch on the dash or a relay before the switch? I cannot locate the relay if there even is one.  I am getting NO voltage at the pump... Please help

• 3 weeks later...

I’m having the same issue on my ‘08 VTX except it’s the center ballast fill pump. No voltage at the pump and it’s not a fuse box issue. I’ve pulled the center ballast fill wire from the fuse box and it’s not getting continuity through the wires at the other end so I’m guessing there’s a short. Now I’m trying to trace where this wire goes to find a relay or control module? I’ll let you know if I can figure this out. 

I have the mux (I think that’s what it’s called) digital controller that controls all the switches for the pumps as well as other accessory’s on the boat. There’s no physical toggle switch. I can’t seem to figure out where the brown and black wires wire in that the pumps have going to them. I’ll try and get some photos of what I’m talking about.