Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

vaporbluebu

What is this? Hose connection?

Recommended Posts

vaporbluebu

I’m going to show my horrible knowledge of this motor here, but is the blue tab a hose hook up for running the boat out of water?? Thanks

17DD0CA1-7B0C-4746-88D8-871D7C169E80.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
formulaben

I believe the blue part is the plug (or quick-disconnect adapter?)  Remove it and insert the garden hose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hawaiianstyln

Ben is correct, plug your garden hose in there to start the boat on a trailer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vaporbluebu
Just now, hawaiianstyln said:

Ben is correct, plug your garden hose in there to start the boat on a trailer.

That’s what I was hoping it is, just wanted to makes sure before I make a fatal mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hawaiianstyln

I can't really tell from that pic but it almost appears that you need to unscrew that and dump out weeds or debris that has been picked up by that filter.  That would/could also cause an overheat if you don't keep that clean.  Or is what I'm seeing a rusty screen inside there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vaporbluebu
41 minutes ago, hawaiianstyln said:

I can't really tell from that pic but it almost appears that you need to unscrew that and dump out weeds or debris that has been picked up by that filter.  That would/could also cause an overheat if you don't keep that clean.  Or is what I'm seeing a rusty screen inside there.

Thanks for pointing that out. Pulled it off and it had all kids of junk in it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hawaiianstyln

Win Win!  :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dalt1
5 hours ago, hawaiianstyln said:

I can't really tell from that pic but it almost appears that you need to unscrew that and dump out weeds or debris that has been picked up by that filter.  That would/could also cause an overheat if you don't keep that clean.  Or is what I'm seeing a rusty screen inside there.

The top black cap comes off and you can remove the filter screen inside to wash it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...