Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

22 LSV Setup?

geogilbert

I figure there are enough of the new 22 LSVs out there to start crowdsourcing setups. 

Those of you with direct experience how are you setting up for big wake wakeboarding?

I came out of 2015 22 VLX and that boat required a ton of bow weight. I am finding that maybe the 22 LSV does not need the weight up front.  So this appears to be a much different boat...

I pick mine up this weekend so I'm interested to start playing around with the weight also.

Break in this weekend and ride the next.

Wakeboarding will be primary so I'll let you know what we figure out :)

Have about 600# of lead to play with.

Ya we have tried a few set ups but, the most interesting thing is the apparent lack of need for bow weight. I am used the the 2015 vlx with stock + 800lbs pnp in each locker and 1100 extra in the bow. 

Would be really nice to not need the huge sack up front. 

• 1 month later...

Okay, after memorial day I am bumping this to the top. 

1. I am not finding a set up I am in love with for wakeboarding. Suggestions would be appriciated.

2. Man the V on this think is deep. Does not take a lot of movement to wash out a wake. 

On 4/25/2019 at 9:02 PM, geogilbert said:

Ya we have tried a few set ups but, the most interesting thing is the apparent lack of need for bow weight. I am used the the 2015 vlx with stock + 800lbs pnp in each locker and 1100 extra in the bow. 

Would be really nice to not need the huge sack up front. 

Some of that difference between your current boat and the 2015 is all the lead acid battery weight moving forward.  It's missing from the center point of the boat and instead added to the front.

We have 400# of lead which is under the observers seat and in the walk way. 

My boat sits Starboard side heavy so we're going to throw another 100# under the Port side and then we should be dialed.

I am actually surprised how different the 22 LSV is to the 22 VLX in overall performance and handling.  The deeper V make the LSV feel a bit more nimble and can definitely take a much harder turn and take cross wakes better than the VLX, but very tippy up on plain and much more finicky about balance when loaded to wakeboard. 

Just brought home 500lbs of lead we will see how this helps. 

2 hours ago, geogilbert said:

I am actually surprised how different the 22 LSV is to the 22 VLX in overall performance and handling.  The deeper V make the LSV feel a bit more nimble and can definitely take a much harder turn and take cross wakes better than the VLX, but very tippy up on plain and much more finicky about balance when loaded to wakeboard. 

Just brought home 500lbs of lead we will see how this helps. 

Yes I'm coming from a MB Tomcat and it cuts through the wakes a lot better.

I put over 100 hours on mine before moving it. 

My wakeboard set up for advanced riders was 550lb PNP's in back, full factory ballast, 250lbs lead under the port side observer seat and about 100lbs right behind driver in storage by cooler.  Both lead piles were pretty close to where the tower mounts.

22.7mph, 77.5' rope, wedge click 2, sometimes 3.  Never had an issue with not having a clean wake on the riders side at take off.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 4:54 PM, NAW said:

I put over 100 hours on mine before moving it. 

My wakeboard set up for advanced riders was 550lb PNP's in back, full factory ballast, 250lbs lead under the port side observer seat and about 100lbs right behind driver in storage by cooler.  Both lead piles were pretty close to where the tower mounts.

22.7mph, 77.5' rope, wedge click 2, sometimes 3.  Never had an issue with not having a clean wake on the riders side at take off.

That is interesting seams kinda slow for that long a rope length. We are ending up with the following right now. 

23mph @ 75 feet
22.4 @ 72.5 feet
550 PnP in the back @ 75 %, Front and Center Factory Full, 500LBS of lead (10 Bags) mainly in the walkway.  Wedge at 4.

Make a nice booty wake and relatively even, though a bit more of a peak on the goofy side. 

With that, I am thinking a bit more bow weight may let me fill the rears full. Hopefully, I can get it as good as my 2015 VLX. 

• 1 year later...

I am honestly at a point of frustration with this boat! I came from a 2015 A22 that has a awesome wake, and would maintain shape and just get bigger with weight. I find my 22LSV to be extremely weight sensitive side to side, and the wake is super inconsistent. I know boats an wakes and have never had a issue like this with a boat. I have put 700lbs of lead in the bow an the wake at 70' and 75' is Super steep and not fun!  I've also played with a ton of setups and just cant find that sweet spot. If I add or remove 1 person it throws it all off again!

I am to the point with it that I am not planning on keeping it, and I wish I kept the A22! If anyone looking at this boat is aa serious wakeboarder Id look at a different boat! You will be frustrated!