Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Delivery (NOT 2019)

Slayer

Great looking boat!  Congrats.  I don't dislike the white on the trailer at all, makes it pop a little more IMO.  Looks like a fun summer ahead for you!

The two tone trailer option is actually really cool. We did this option on our boat which we are taking delivering of tomorrow.  Gives the trailer a little character. 

Congrats @inlandlaker that is a great looking boat!!! We have the same boat and truck combo but white on white instead of black on black. Message me anytime and I will share any tidbits that we have found over the last 2 seasons, ie stereo, rear ballast limits, how much bow weight to balance the wave, and tongue height to improve trailering. 

Great boat, it has a few quirks like all things do and once you learn them the boat goes from good to GREAT!

15 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Congrats man! Can’t wait to see this baby in person, on the water, from a surf board! :rockon:

Make it an early day and we'll get some sets in behind the RLXi.  Still haven't put the ski course in yet, though.....:shocked:

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, tvano said:

your shoreline will be looking great this season.

nice looking addition.

Thanks, @tvano.  Looking forward to getting in the course this year.  The RLXi, and the pontoon have not yet been put in the water, however.  The weather has been total crap and I've had little time to get them ready.  All my existing dock and the RLXI hoist have been installed.  Waiting on delivery of more dock and another hoist......

Then I need to stop spending money!

28 minutes ago, inlandlaker said:

Thanks, @tvano.  Looking forward to getting in the course this year.  The RLXi, and the pontoon have not yet been put in the water, however.  The weather has been total crap and I've had little time to get them ready.  All my existing dock and the RLXI hoist have been installed.  Waiting on delivery of more dock and another hoist......

Then I need to stop spending money!

Sounds like dock goals to me...

1 minute ago, UWSkier said:

Sounds like dock goals to me...

Absolutely!

I've been dreaming about this for a looooonnnnnngggggg time......

When we decided to buy the VLX, I suggested we sell the RLXi and find a good, used RLX to save a few bucks and I was totally shot down.  She loves the RLXI and refused to let it go.  I'm pleased with that decision making to say the least. 

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, inlandlaker said:

Make it an early day and we'll get some sets in behind the RLXi.  Still haven't put the ski course in yet, though.....:shocked:

Sounds great to me! Our course isn't in yet either. Hopefully soon!

I have a 2018 (MLX vs VLX) with the 6.2 raptor, my biggest complaint was how loud it was while surfing. Over winter I had the dealer put a surf pipe on it and it made a big difference. You can now carry on a conversation while surfing. Definitely worth the $1500. 

Congrats! I am not surprised in the detail work. I was told mine is being detailed, but I know I will be re-doing the entire thing once I pick it up. (It was getting warranty work done over winter, brought in spotless, but guess what... it was left out in the rain :mad: at some point)

For your gatorstep, put a couple drops of dawn in a bucket of warm water and hit it with a soft bristle brush and rinse. It will look like new.

10 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Congrats! I am not surprised in the detail work. I was told mine is being detailed, but I know I will be re-doing the entire thing once I pick it up. (It was getting warranty work done over winter, brought in spotless, but guess what... it was left out in the rain :mad: at some point)

For your gatorstep, put a couple drops of dawn in a bucket of warm water and hit it with a soft bristle brush and rinse. It will look like new.

Thanks, @Raimie.  I'm going to take some before and after pics to share with the dealer in hopes that they start thinking a little harder about the condition they deliver boats in.  I know @ahopkinsVTX had some similar issues when he picked his up after some gel repairs.  It's really disappointing that they would do that, particularly given the cost of our beloved boats.  

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, inlandlaker said:

Thanks, @Raimie.  I'm going to take some before and after pics to share with the dealer in hopes that they start thinking a little harder about the condition they deliver boats in.  I know @ahopkinsVTX had some similar issues when he picked his up after some gel repairs.  It's really disappointing that they would do that, particularly given the cost of our beloved boats.  

Yeah ours was dirty from the gel work. It’s definitely unfortunate but it was taken care of and the detail they did was very nice after I pointed it out. They have hired a ton of new service techs over the winter and as we all know the trainer curve for new hires, even with past experience, can vary greatly. I expect them to get through this spring very well from what I’ve seen. There will always be hiccups and issues but I bet they are way down this spring from previous years. 

20 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Yeah ours was dirty from the gel work. It’s definitely unfortunate but it was taken care of and the detail they did was very nice after I pointed it out. They have hired a ton of new service techs over the winter and as we all know the trainer curve for new hires, even with past experience, can vary greatly. I expect them to get through this spring very well from what I’ve seen. There will always be hiccups and issues but I bet they are way down this spring from previous years. 

The dealer has taken really good care of me this winter.  Like @ahopkinsVTX said, I had a few hiccups but the service manager has been awesome to work with.  I had considered trying a different dealer due to prior issues, but I really think that the dealer is moving in the right direction.  This last experience was awesome enough that I am sticking with them.

• Like 2

@ahopkinsVTX, @hunter77ah.....I agree that the dealer is improving.  I would have never purchased from that dealer with the prior ownership.  They were nothing shy of a joke.  It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, though.  Hell, my first Malibu was purchased used from a dealer 4 hours away and it was cleaner than the 2017 I just took delivery of!  And it was 13 years old when I purchased it!

While I'm more than pleased with the improvements they've made and continue to make, I remain a bit disappointed with the condition of my boat at delivery.  Regardless if it's used or not, it should be clean upon delivery.  I'm still going to take before and after pics to share with them in hopes that they understand and continue to improve.  I'm by no means disappointed with the treatment I received, or the deal I received.  I would, without reservation, purchase there again and will be purchasing from their pro-shop again as well as they too have been making great strides to get better.  As a customer, I really appreciate continuous improvements.    

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tbullard said:

First world problems. My new boat is too loud but the stereo isn't loud enough :cry: :rofl:

Laugh all you want, @tbullard.  The comment regarding the engine noise was simply provided because there's been lots of discussion on this site about the noise of the 6.2L Raptor engine.  Is it loud?  Yes, a little.  It's not any more loud than the 5.7 Monsoon 340 in my RLXi.  In fact, I would suggest the RLXi is louder than our VLX.  At ski speeds, it's difficult to hold a conversation.  No so much in the VLX.  Just an observation, FWIW.

The comment on the factory sound system was also provided due to many discussion here regarding it.  I'm not complaining.....simply making observations that others have had as well.  

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, inlandlaker said:

@ahopkinsVTX, @hunter77ah.....I agree that the dealer is improving.  I would have never purchased from that dealer with the prior ownership.  They were nothing shy of a joke.  It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, though.  Hell, my first Malibu was purchased used from a dealer 4 hours away and it was cleaner than the 2017 I just took delivery of!  And it was 13 years old when I purchased it!

While I'm more than pleased with the improvements they've made and continue to make, I remain a bit disappointed with the condition of my boat at delivery.  Regardless if it's used or not, it should be clean upon delivery.  I'm still going to take before and after pics to share with them in hopes that they understand and continue to improve.  I'm by no means disappointed with the treatment I received, or the deal I received.  I would, without reservation, purchase there again and will be purchasing from their pro-shop again as well as they too have been making great strides to get better.  As a customer, I really appreciate continuous improvements.    

I agree and wasn't trying to say you shouldn't be disappointed. You're approach to the situation is very reasonable and I'd be doing the same thing. 

What we should really be spending out time on is complaining about the 3-5" of snow Saturday night! :rant:

4 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I agree and wasn't trying to say you shouldn't be disappointed. You're approach to the situation is very reasonable and I'd be doing the same thing. 

What we should really be spending out time on is complaining about the 3-5" of snow Saturday night! :rant:

I KNOW!!!  I'm super unhappy about that!!  I'm going to see if I can get the boat in the garage tomorrow morning.  Hopefully it will fit.  I think I have an inch with the tower down.  

5 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Hey, at least it's coming on the weekend when you're not at work or anything...