Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Teaching the wife to drive the boat...

FatGoldChain

Lots of good advice here....

Moral of the story, teach both your daughters and sons to load, launch and dock your boat.  Then you can enjoy their boat...

My three daughters, and son are better at these activities than most all others we see at the docks.  Their mother taught them.  

My role was to teach them to pull us for all the water sports.  Everyone of them can do all that is needed for a fun day on the water.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:10 PM, dlb said:

Lots of good advice here....

Moral of the story, teach both your daughters and sons to load, launch and dock your boat.  Then you can enjoy their boat...

My three daughters, and son are better at these activities than most all others we see at the docks.  Their mother taught them.  

My role was to teach them to pull us for all the water sports.  Everyone of them can do all that is needed for a fun day on the water.

Beat advice I’ve seen total. I was taught to back a trailer at an empty parking lot near my home when I was 12. My parents gave me the keys to the dump truck, and a 36’ trailer and 2 orange cones, and said get to it. 

On 4/26/2019 at 5:53 PM, braindamage said:

I’m not being sexist. The boat is my thing. I’ve loved boating and waterskiing as long as I can remember. I’ve been driving boats since 12 and trailering then since 16. I used to own a sailboat rental business “delivered and set up on your beach”. My wife loves the boat only cuz I do. She’s wonderful in that she goes along with my silliness. The fact that she’s willing to try new things and drive when needed is just part of being the wonderful wife that she is. I’m a blessed and happy man!!

This is me too.  My wife does well, but doesn't have the fever for it.  Everyone on our show ski team, however, does have that fever, and when it's time to pack up for the night any able bodied (and preferably dry) person, male or female, gets in the trucks and backs stuff in.

• Like 1