Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf Setup on M235

Flyboy73

I purchased a 2017 Malibu M235 late last summer.  I only had a few weeks to play around with the surf wave.  The goofy side is PHENOMENAL!  However, the regular side is.......quirky.  I realize that it is the prop rotation, but I just never could dial it in to match the goofy side.  I had the same issue with my 2010 23 LSV prior to trading it in on the M235.  The only way I could get the left side surf wave nice was to list it.  I really don't want to have to do that with my M.  I would really like to hear what M235 owners setup is for the goofy side.

In all boats with surf gate or tabs, just listing the boat a little bit to the rider's side helps. I own a 2019 25 lsv and it's waves are phenomenal, but we still try to seat people to list the boat just a little to the side of the rider. 

Buddy has an 18 M we surf regularly with just driver and rider.  @MakeNWaves is dead on, just a slight list to port.  The below is our regular set up.

FOR GOOFY:

Everything full

400lbs lead in bow

200lbs lead under each side back corner seats

Wedge ramp or 1 up from ramp

REGULAR SIDE

Move 200lbs lead from rear corner starboard side and place on port side...………..

SOOOOO....if you have a crew with you just slightly bias list to port side.  The above wave set up is a REALLY GOOD wave with only a driver.