Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

V drive?

Fellas,

new here........been reading a lot of posts. I have a 2011 23 lsv wakesetter with the monsoon 350. I have no Manuals that came with the boat. Which v drive do I have?   

This is is from the manual online

ZF Hurth V-Drive

or the 

Indmar V

they both says dexron III ATF fluid for main gear box but for the ZF Hurth V-drive the v drive takes dexron III ATF......and the Indmar V drive it says it takes mobile delvac synthetic 50.

Had the Hurth on my ‘10. Best bet pull the dip stick to confirm, change it with the correct fluid and keep searching to know for sure. My Hurth had the red data plates for ATF on it.post-14628-0-25136400-1358283803_thumb.jpg

Edited by wdr

Thanks fellas,

i havent looked at it......boat is kept on the delta and I’m 1.5 hrs away. Online Manual is confusing. Is there any good sites where you can input the data about your boat and it spits out parts, fluids and items to buy online......for example like rockauto.com

On 4/23/2019 at 1:32 PM, prwkbrder said:

Thanks fellas,

i havent looked at it......boat is kept on the delta and I’m 1.5 hrs away. Online Manual is confusing. Is there any good sites where you can input the data about your boat and it spits out parts, fluids and items to buy online......for example like rockauto.com

This site is the best you will find :)    Nothing like rockauto that I know of, but ask away here and folks can usually help.   Skidim.com and Bakes are also excellent online resources.   

Good news is if you want OEM Pennzoil dex/merc atf, Home Depot stocks it, not the recommended pennzoil motor oil but most don’t run that anyway  

On 4/23/2019 at 1:49 AM, prwkbrder said:

Fellas,

new here........been reading a lot of posts. I have a 2011 23 lsv wakesetter with the monsoon 350. I have no Manuals that came with the boat. Which v drive do I have?   

This is is from the manual online

ZF Hurth V-Drive

or the 

Indmar V

they both says dexron III ATF fluid for main gear box but for the ZF Hurth V-drive the v drive takes dexron III ATF......and the Indmar V drive it says it takes mobile delvac synthetic 50.

It’s sort of backwards or counter intuitive unless you find the plate but I read my manual and couldn’t tell either do it was the stickers for atf on both tranny snd vdrive that you  see that confirm what combo the manual indicates you have , I’m pretty sure my dealer used wrong in my vdrive or never changed it as it was a different red color first time I did it(thinner almost towards pink ) than it is with seasonal atf changes that I do where both are deep red on 200 hour season