Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to do software update for Maliview

Surferdude22

i have a 2011 LSV 23. i would like to update the software. I've owned the boat since 2017. im not sure how to do this. any guidance is appreciated. any advice or concerns are welcome. 

On 4/20/2019 at 5:59 PM, Surferdude22 said:

i have a 2011 LSV 23. i would like to update the software. I've owned the boat since 2017. im not sure how to do this. any guidance is appreciated. any advice or concerns are welcome. 

Contact your dealer or Malibu (they will tell you what is the newest update you can install then go to your dealer with this). Dealer will email you an update to download onto a usb stick. Literally plug it in under the dash and go to your update software tab on screen. It will do it's thing and cycle through a couple times. 15 minutes tops and you are done!

• 3 months later...

Anybody know a dealer that will send you an update over email? The dealer here in California want a pile of money to update software on our boat.  They say the software is proprietary and can not be released to the public......blah blah blahhh

Update files are usually too large for email.  A file sharing app or downloading to a USB thumb drive is usually necessary.  I'm kind of curious how much a pile of money is and what you are trying to correct with a Viper or MTC update.  If the update is not correct for your application it can have adverse effects.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 7:18 AM, oifancyz said:

you have any luck with this? i updated mine and now it says tige and dont let me do anything 

Who did you get an update from?

12 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Say whut?  Malibu sent you a Tige update.  Weird.

Maybe, just maybe, you might be starting to troll on this topic.  And sadly, you are doing it to the wrong person now....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Why would you update your software if you’re having no problems. Is there somewhere that they describe the improvements made in the newer software update? I would like to update mine as well, but I’d like to know what benefit will be realized.