Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

summarize 2018 vlx "what to do?"

Buriffic

Purchased a 18'  21 vlx at end of season, looking for advice to summarize before hitting the lake, it was winterized at Malibu dealer. Also any upgrades to set up for surfing? prop, ballast, etc.

Please and Thank you

ahopkins22LSV

I see you had a 2004 before this so this isn’t your first rodeo, but even still I’d suggest double checking all cooking hoses, drain plugs on the engine and boat then starting it up on a fake lake just to make sure all is good. This year I ran it on the fake lake until it reached 160 temp then it let it run for a bit more. I don’t do that every year, just depends on how much time I have. 

As far as upgrades, that boat doesn’t need much. Did the dealer include plug n play bags? That’s really all you need 

On 4/20/2019 at 10:39 AM, Buriffic said:

Purchased a 18'  21 vlx at end of season, looking for advice to summarize before hitting the lake, it was winterized at Malibu dealer. Also any upgrades to set up for surfing? prop, ballast, etc.

Please and Thank you

Some additional bow weight would be something you could think about getting as an upgrade for your surfing.