Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Things you've Powder Coated

hawaiianstyln

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:17 PM, BaBaLoO said:

Curious about this too. I want to paodwer coat my tower. Anyone else done this on a illusion xs?

might just be a tedious project since you would have to remove the tower along with all wiring or anything that can burn since they bake the powder on

Tried to paint this myself but I didn't like it so I removed the engine frame and had a local shop blast it and powdercoat it.  I'll post more pics once I re-install the frame this weekend.

IMG_2865.thumb.jpg.eb840742bccbed61167dd5ae4207452d.jpgIMG_3002.thumb.jpg.70cda3869fdc59d71e52343897984263.jpg

• Like 1
On 4/19/2019 at 6:38 PM, Kojak said:

Dash and interior Malibu emblems 

IMG955459.jpg

20190402_162828.jpg

Very nice! I am going to pull my bits like this as the chrome is peeling and powder coat them. At work we have used some Prismatic Powder chrome with clear with great results. Thinking of going for the chrome look per the OEM style, but I like your black too! https://www.prismaticpowders.com/gallery/12116/powder-coated-15-inch-racing-wheel

On 4/19/2019 at 5:38 PM, Kojak said:

Dash and interior Malibu emblems 

IMG955459.jpg

20190402_162828.jpg

I'm doing the same, my dash, glove lid, emblems and racks are all at the shop now being done.  I'll post again when they are back.  Wish i had taken before shots, but everyone can already picture that pitted poor chrome look I'm sure!

Also, did my son's mustang wheels as he was too cheap to shell out for new rims and tires.  Turned out so good, I'm considering doing trailer wheels.

• Like 2