Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Starboard MLS fuse kicking

tonythetiger

Just bought a 04 Wakesetter VLX took it out Wednesday for a surf session. I noticed the starboard fuse under the radio kept kicking. I can not find the fuse panel anywhere on this boat. Im sure this has been posted before but the search function is not working on here. Thanks!

The circuit breaker below the radio is the only individual "fuse" for that pump. Likely, you need to replace the pump cartridge if it consistently trips.

* There should also be a master breaker that affects all ~80 amps going to the helm circuit breaker panel.

Edited by smileysteve

Okay thanks, just ordered two attwood tsunami 800's hopefully this does the trick. If nothing else they are faster than what I have now. 

You may be able to break the motor free if this is the first time out it may have a little corrosion over the winter.  That said I would keep a spare on hand as at some point you will need to replace a motor.  I have a 2010 with around 700 hours and replace about 1 per year now. 

Fuse panel is under the steering wheel and your pump is the culprit, I had an 08 and this would happen about once a year. The replacement cartridge isn't too expensive and I would keep one on the boat at all times.  About a 10 minute fix unless it the ones in the very back, those are b**** to get to.