Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Cleaning Items

MalibuRyan

I know there are a lot of products recommended for cleaning our beloved boats. What are you all finding to be the best for water spot removal/shine, vinyl cleaner, aluminum tower/chrome cleaner etc. 

Curious as to what you all are using.

We use all of the Boat Bling products. 

And Boat Bling Supports this site  look for an up coming Boat Bling Group Buy!

Hot Sauce

Vinyl Sauce

Vinyl Conditioner

Quickie Sauce

• Like 2

Awesome cleaner  - $1.00 a bottle at dollar general - mix up 5:1 in another bottle for vinyl cleaning - rinse well with water

303 protectant - on the vinyl to protect - 1 coat, 2x per year

Hot Sauce for gel coat - wax once a year, hot sauce every other trip out.

303 cleaner for the vinyl as needed

303 protectant for the vinyl a few times a year

Collinite fiberglass boat cleaner followed by Collinite marine paste wax once or twice a season

Eagle 1 Marine wax as you dry as a wipedown for the hull after each time the boat is used

303 metal polish for anything chrome like

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

We use all of the Boat Bling products. 

And Boat Bling Supports this site  look for an up coming Boat Bling Group Buy!

Hot Sauce

Vinyl Sauce

Vinyl Conditioner

Quickie Sauce

I did see them in a group by when I was looking around. I will have to get some of that. 

4 minutes ago, SkiPablo said:

Awesome cleaner  - $1.00 a bottle at dollar general - mix up 5:1 in another bottle for vinyl cleaning - rinse well with water

303 protectant - on the vinyl to protect - 1 coat, 2x per year

Hot Sauce for gel coat - wax once a year, hot sauce every other trip out.

Thank you for the detailed input!! 

So you usually use the 303 twice a year, mid summer and then before storage? Which product of 303 do you use?

I have heard that this Hot Sauce works well. I use a spray cleaner/wax after having one of the cars out, so same concept. Pull the boat out. Wipe down and dry, then go over with hot sauce on microfiber towel.

What's your choice in boat wax?

I like Speed Gloss for the exterior right after use.  It's worked better for me than Hot Sauce, but YMMV.  

I also like the vinyl sauce and vinyl conditioner.  I do about four applications of the conditioner during the season.  

@shawndoggy suggested this product to me a couple years ago and I love it. 

https://pacificprodux.com/car-detailing-supplies/protectants-and-final-detail/zip-mist-wipe/

I wax once a year with Griot's Poly Wax and then spray and wipe the boat after every use with this stuff. I get a lot of compliments on the shine and have a lot of local friends using it now. It also works awesome on cars. I have a fair amount of black on my boat and this takes the water spots out every time.

They usually run deals on it so keep your eye out. Usually you can do a buy 1 get 1 free and it makes it very affordable.

13 hours ago, MalibuRyan said:

I did see them in a group by when I was looking around. I will have to get some of that. 

Thank you for the detailed input!! 

So you usually use the 303 twice a year, mid summer and then before storage? Which product of 303 do you use?

I have heard that this Hot Sauce works well. I use a spray cleaner/wax after having one of the cars out, so same concept. Pull the boat out. Wipe down and dry, then go over with hot sauce on microfiber towel.

What's your choice in boat wax?

this is the 303 i use: https://www.walmart.com/ip/303-30306-Marine-Aerospace-Protectant-Trigger-Sprayer-32-oz/25607506

beginning of season and mid season ;)  It shouldn't matter when