Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
MalibuRyan

Malibu's with the LSA

Recommended Posts

MalibuRyan

Hello Everyone!

I am picking up a new boat in a couple weeks, it's a 21' VLX with the LSA motor. 

Looking to see who all here has the LSA motor in their Malibu's and what your opinions are on it, any feedback would be great,

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boardjnky4

Now THAT is a unicorn. Usually LSA equipped boats are the larger size boats.

They are very powerful engines, you're going to love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX

Nice! Did this 21 VLX happen to come from Michigan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MalibuRyan
14 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

Now THAT is a unicorn. Usually LSA equipped boats are the larger size boats.

They are very powerful engines, you're going to love it.

Yes, that is what I have been told. I think it may be a one of one, not sure. Excited to get it on the water!

I know they are very efficient motors, I have the same in one of my cars, was just curious as to how it was in a boat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MalibuRyan
2 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Nice! Did this 21 VLX happen to come from Michigan?

Why do you ask lol :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
1 minute ago, MalibuRyan said:

Why do you ask lol :whistle:

No bad reason that is for sure! The boat is a beast! If it did and it is the one I am thinking of it was a friends neighbor's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boardjnky4
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, MalibuRyan said:

Yes, that is what I have been told. I think it may be a one of one, not sure. Excited to get it on the water!

I know they are very efficient motors, I have the same in one of my cars, was just curious as to how it was in a boat. 

In terms of specifically being in a boat, the biggest thing to figure out is which prop you want, for the water sports you'll be involved in. Another consideration is how much weight you'll want to run, assuming wake sports (surfing and wakeboarding). If you plan to ski and/or barefoot along with those, that might affect your choice.

I had the pleasure of spending a day in a 2013 24MXZ with that engine. It got on plane for wakeboarding with an insane amount of weight and still did well over 40mph on the way back to the dock with 1,500 lbs of lead in it.

Which car do you have? CTS-V?

Edited by boardjnky4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MalibuRyan
9 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

In terms of specifically being in a boat, the biggest thing to figure out is which prop you want, for the water sports you'll be involved in. Another consideration is how much weight you'll want to run, assuming wake sports (surfing and wakeboarding). If you plan to ski and/or barefoot along with those, that might affect your choice.

I had the pleasure of spending a day in a 2013 24MXZ with that engine. It got on plane for wakeboarding with an insane amount of weight and still did well over 40mph on the way back to the dock with 1,500 lbs of lead in it.

Which car do you have? CTS-V?

Thanks for the info! Will be doing mostly surfing/wake boarding, tubing for my nieces, and slalom for my Dad, when he's in town. Most of the time will be for the sure/board and pleasure boating. I'm looking forward to seeing what it's capable of. 

Sorry, I meant same block. I have a Built LS3 Camaro 1LE w/over 600hp. That's the car I use for the track, I also have a 99' Trans Am 30th Anniv. Edition and a 00' Dodge Viper GTS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rsutton1223

Love the LSA motors...I had some fun with one. Mod the one in the boat! They are good over 1,000hp... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woodski

@MalibuRyan:  That 600 hp LS3 ought to get you from the Carousel to Canada Corner pretty quick, just too bad not the old layout w/ the kink...Now I need a brat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boardjnky4
22 hours ago, MalibuRyan said:

Thanks for the info! Will be doing mostly surfing/wake boarding, tubing for my nieces, and slalom for my Dad, when he's in town. Most of the time will be for the sure/board and pleasure boating. I'm looking forward to seeing what it's capable of. 

Sorry, I meant same block. I have a Built LS3 Camaro 1LE w/over 600hp. That's the car I use for the track, I also have a 99' Trans Am 30th Anniv. Edition and a 00' Dodge Viper GTS.

What a stable!

I've just got my PCM 409 (which is a L96 motor) and my 6.2L Silverado (which is the newer Direct Injected L86)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MalibuRyan
1 hour ago, rsutton1223 said:

Love the LSA motors...I had some fun with one. Mod the one in the boat! They are good over 1,000hp... 

 

NICE!!! Don't know what or how much I would mod the boat, 555hp should be plenty lol. 

1 hour ago, Woodski said:

@MalibuRyan:  That 600 hp LS3 ought to get you from the Carousel to Canada Corner pretty quick, just too bad not the old layout w/ the kink...Now I need a brat.

Awesome you know RA!!! I have about 250+ laps in over the years at different track days. All the track days they don't block off the kink and leave it open, and that's one of my favorite parts of the track. Coming out of the carousel and hitting full throttle into the kink down to Canada corner. LOVE that track!!!

12 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

What a stable!

I've just got my PCM 409 (which is a L96 motor) and my 6.2L Silverado (which is the newer Direct Injected L86)

Thank you!!! I'll become a member and then I can post some pics. Those are nice! Always loved the LS motors. Trans Am has the LS1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MalibuRyan
On 4/19/2019 at 8:05 AM, Woodski said:

@MalibuRyan:  That 600 hp LS3 ought to get you from the Carousel to Canada Corner pretty quick, just too bad not the old layout w/ the kink...Now I need a brat.

 

On 4/19/2019 at 9:14 AM, boardjnky4 said:

What a stable!

I've just got my PCM 409 (which is a L96 motor) and my 6.2L Silverado (which is the newer Direct Injected L86)

Updated my membership so can share pics!! Here's some pics of the "Stable"

WNNI91015.jpg

WNNI91014.jpg

WNNI91016.jpg

WNNI91007.jpg

IMG_1252.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MalibuRyan

Also go the boat home and man is it a BLAST!!!

63A48BD0-017C-4275-A4FF-CA83225EB481.jpeg.b4a08a1aaf405f8fc80cff773cef8bbb.jpeg

IMG_7998.JPG

IMG_9238.jpg

IMG_9246.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...