Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeskate board for beginners?

moski

Good wakeskate for beginners?

can adults use same as kids or get 2 different sizes (my daughter is 12 and son is 10)????

Thank you in advance for advice.  

Use the same size.  I have a few years old Ronix wakeskate and everyone under the sun noodles around on it.  Unless your a pro "wakeskater" there's really not a lot of tech to them.  Double fins, marine plywood and a soft rubber top... I'm sure a few would disagree on here, but for me I ride my wakeskate after my arms and hands are tired after slalom skiing. :)

While there is not a lot of tech to them, it is a bit like surfboards:  some are far better for beginners than the person who wants to go w-to-w or throw an ollie.  When my kid was skating, a new skate made all the difference in the world.

Get a $99 w free shipping LF or other  Eva top wood multi ply and get another one when  the plys start coming apart,anybody can ride them most any size board or person , the light weight makes it suitable for small riders even if it’s sized to larger riders 

I wore out 2 then bought a more expensive  board construction EVA and it’s  a permanent  investment 

Whatever happen to Fresh Water Traction?

They used to sell pads you could bolt onto a wakeboard. Our first “wakeskate” was an old Liquid Force Mini Squirt with these pads on it. For a beginner, it was great.