Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Gsxrnick

GPS on 2019 Malibu

Gsxrnick

I wanted to share some information that I had a very hard time finding. I recently purchased a 2019 Malibu wakesetter 22 MXZ and I wanted to be able to use the GPS. You still have to purchase a GPS antenna. Amazon is a great place for this and the Navionics sd card for your region. On the 2019 Malibu's, where you plug in the SD card and antenna is in a new location. It is not on the back of 7" display down on the side. I found this out the hard way. The new location is behind the dash on the drivers side. To access it you will need to pull up the cushion in the very front of the boat where there is a storage box. Remove the 4 screws. You can access the subwoofer from here as well. Above where the subwoofer is you will see a black control panel. You screw your antenna in to that and also you can pull the square rubber piece off to find the access to the sd card slot. Pretty simple to do but not a lot of info on it yet being that it is so new. Hope this helps anyone who is wanting to view the lake maps on their boat.

mikeo

pictures?

Ronnie

This is the same as it has been for several years, they have just moved the panel away from the screen with the hull change. I assume it's because of an interference thing but could be to just relocate it under the "Sealed" helm and off the back of the screen which is still on the dash. Same panel, different location.

LucasC
4 hours ago, Gsxrnick said:

I wanted to share some information that I had a very hard time finding. I recently purchased a 2019 Malibu wakesetter 22 MXZ and I wanted to be able to use the GPS. You still have to purchase a GPS antenna. Amazon is a great place for this and the Navionics sd card for your region. On the 2019 Malibu's, where you plug in the SD card and antenna is in a new location. It is not on the back of 7" display down on the side. I found this out the hard way. The new location is behind the dash on the drivers side. To access it you will need to pull up the cushion in the very front of the boat where there is a storage box. Remove the 4 screws. You can access the subwoofer from here as well. Above where the subwoofer is you will see a black control panel. You screw your antenna in to that and also you can pull the square rubber piece off to find the access to the sd card slot. Pretty simple to do but not a lot of info on it yet being that it is so new. Hope this helps anyone who is wanting to view the lake maps on their boat.

where did you locate the gps antena 

Gsxrnick

I will get some pics today showing the location of the box and antenna

Gsxrnick
19 hours ago, Gsxrnick said:

I'm sorry I can't seem to load any pictures on here cause the file sizes are all to large to load up. Anyone have any suggestions?

Eagleboy99

Suggestions?

- buy a membership on the site and post away

- use Picasa etc.

- resize the pic

dalt1
21 hours ago, mikeo said:

pictures?

image.thumb.png.2a67eca75ae4a601601cdbd83e18f388.pngimage.thumb.png.09bbb38d24f3e8901a7155d21574cd0a.png

dalt1

Gsxrnick
1 hour ago, dalt1 said:

image.thumb.png.d4bea5e3bc8b6e51afac2ef2699bb2fc.pngimage.thumb.png.de344b191b33b87053fe4bcd3440d3db.png

Thanks for the help bud. Those were basically the same pics I was gonna post. Trying to get pics on here was kicking my butt

mikeo

Very interesting, it looks like the displays are both LVDS now. This makes a lot of sense as each of the components can be replaced independently. I'm surprised that there haven't been more reports of a broken dash display; I know I dropped the observer mirror arm bolt on the display once before I was more careful and put a towel over it before removing the bolt. with this new setup not having an integrated display it may mean that it could be easier for me to find a computer second-hand or on one of the parts sites that I can try to hack to get custom preset pictures loaded.

gregtay
On 4/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, Gsxrnick said:

Thanks... helpful thread, already ordered up a GPS and the maps card:)

Gsxrnick
2 hours ago, gregtay said:

Thanks... helpful thread, already ordered up a GPS and the maps card:)

Glad it could be of some help to you.

MalibuWoo

Any recommendations for where can I purchase the map or SD card for my '15 24 MXz?  Boat is equipped for GPS, but just does not have any maps installed?