Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Lift set up for 2019 Axis T22

DougsBoat

I plan to pick up my new Axis T22 and bring it home soon. I will be keeping it on a lift on my dock. My lift is two metal I beam upon which two 12 foot long 2"X12" planks bolted. The 2" surface will be pointed up and will contact the hull. I measured the trailer rails and I plan to place the planks 26 inches apart. Does anyone else have a similar set up and is this sufficient?   Or have any other advice? 

I move my bunks to match the inner trailer bunks, so it sounds like you are headed down that path.     I can’t offer much more other than to say that has worked for me.  

ahopkins22LSV

Agreed, sounds like you are on the right path. The only question I have is one 2x12 standing up enough contact for the hull? And is there any risk that a single board standing up can’t support the Boats weight. I think people who have done it this wave have doubled up the boards. 

Exactly, that is the primary question I was trying to ask. I was thinking of doubling as you suggested. That would increase the surface area from 504 square inches to 1008. I would have thought it would be in a spec sheet. I may try to contact the manufacturer. Thanks for your reply.  

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, DougsBoat said:

Exactly, that is the primary question I was trying to ask. I was thinking of doubling as you suggested. That would increase the surface area from 504 square inches to 1008. I would have thought it would be in a spec sheet. I may try to contact the manufacturer. Thanks for your reply.  

I doubled mine up, but I'll warn you, if your hoist cradle is aluminum, doubled up boards will float the cradle. I had to add weight to my cradle... used paver bricks.

IMG_20150927_161508081_zpszexalhld.jpg

Here is a pic of my '14 T22 on the hoist. I did not make any adjustments when I put my '19 on there and it sits about the same.

Edited by Raimie
1 hour ago, DougsBoat said:

Thanks, it looks great. Pretty water too!

We are blessed with beautiful water... but it comes at a price...maxes out at 70F typically. .facebook_283844075.thumb.jpg.912cd12675a820e7295483a947b49ad2.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 6/27/2020 at 2:13 PM, Swade said:

@Raimie so I should prob move mine in, I’m just outside those ridges on my 2014 T22 on the new lift. How do you insert photos?

Become a supporting member and you can attach directly!

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

@RaimieHow far is the boat prop from the  back bar/support. My cable started fraying partly bc I think the lift wasn’t level last year and bc I wasn’t far enough forward on the lift

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 2:56 PM, Swade said:

@RaimieHow far is the boat prop from the  back bar/support. My cable started fraying partly bc I think the lift wasn’t level last year and bc I wasn’t far enough forward on the lift

The drive shaft is pretty close to the beam but there is a good 4-6 inches of clearance depending on how far forward I am. I put the gas fill just in-front of the guide post.