Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
DougsBoat

Boat Lift set up for 2019 Axis T22

DougsBoat

I plan to pick up my new Axis T22 and bring it home soon. I will be keeping it on a lift on my dock. My lift is two metal I beam upon which two 12 foot long 2"X12" planks bolted. The 2" surface will be pointed up and will contact the hull. I measured the trailer rails and I plan to place the planks 26 inches apart. Does anyone else have a similar set up and is this sufficient?   Or have any other advice? 

hethj7

I move my bunks to match the inner trailer bunks, so it sounds like you are headed down that path.     I can’t offer much more other than to say that has worked for me.  

ahopkinsVTX

Agreed, sounds like you are on the right path. The only question I have is one 2x12 standing up enough contact for the hull? And is there any risk that a single board standing up can’t support the Boats weight. I think people who have done it this wave have doubled up the boards. 

DougsBoat

Exactly, that is the primary question I was trying to ask. I was thinking of doubling as you suggested. That would increase the surface area from 504 square inches to 1008. I would have thought it would be in a spec sheet. I may try to contact the manufacturer. Thanks for your reply.  

Raimie
55 minutes ago, DougsBoat said:

Exactly, that is the primary question I was trying to ask. I was thinking of doubling as you suggested. That would increase the surface area from 504 square inches to 1008. I would have thought it would be in a spec sheet. I may try to contact the manufacturer. Thanks for your reply.  

I doubled mine up, but I'll warn you, if your hoist cradle is aluminum, doubled up boards will float the cradle. I had to add weight to my cradle... used paver bricks.

DougsBoat

Thanks for the heads up. I think mine is galvanized steel. I'm going to go buy 4 new boards and start fresh.  

Raimie

I highly recommend covering the bunks in GatorBak. Great product, has held up perfectly for me for the last 5 seasons.

Raimie
Posted (edited)

IMG_20150927_161508081_zpszexalhld.jpg

Here is a pic of my '14 T22 on the hoist. I did not make any adjustments when I put my '19 on there and it sits about the same.

Edited by Raimie

DougsBoat
Posted (edited)

Thanks, it looks great. Pretty water too!

Edited by DougsBoat

Raimie
1 hour ago, DougsBoat said:

Thanks, it looks great. Pretty water too!

We are blessed with beautiful water... but it comes at a price...maxes out at 70F typically. .facebook_283844075.thumb.jpg.912cd12675a820e7295483a947b49ad2.jpg

volfan705

I would call your best buddy Bobby and do what ever he suggests!