Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

08 Wakesetter MUX problems

Had boat shop replace a bad ballast pump and now the front tank does not show up on the MUX screen.  Coincidentally the center tank keeps blowing fuses on the fill side not the drain side.  Boat shop is stumped and told us we are on our own as they do not know what is going on.  Very frustrating.  Any help would be appreciated.

Pull up the front panel first to see if that bow tank fill pump is even plugged in. I want to say that if it isn’t plugged in then the computer and MUX can’t find it to display it, but I could be wrong. It has been a while since I was messing with it in my ‘10. If the pump is plugged in then the MUX functions can be added or deleted based on your preferences. I would pull out the owners manual and find the section to reinstall that function on that MUX. I would also pull the center fill cartridge and set it in the bilge or on the deck if the wire is long enough and cycle on/off to see if it spins. If not or it blows the fuse again then most likely a bad cartridge. Good luck.

Edited by wdr
Sp

As an after thought, you definately need to find a new or a wake/ski boat knowledgeable dealer. The stuff you asked them to do and hunt down to fix is probably the easiest and cheapest stuff on that boat to access, diagnose and fix. Especially if they told you “you are on your own”! 

Thank you for the help.  It definitely does not seem hard to do.  I pulled the cartridge on the center pump and made sure it could spin freely and it did.  When I turned it on it blew the fuse.  I am going to have to take it to another dealer and see if they can figure it out.