Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboarding

alexcbevington

I have a 2000 Malibu escape lsv with no ballast but it does have the Malibu wedge on it does anybody know how that boat performs for wake boarding with no ballast?

• Like 1

I would imagine you will want some ballast down the road.  The wedge is great but I have found without additional ballast it makes a steeper ramp than most people prefer.  This can be offset by people on the boat and so forth but ballast just gives lots of ways to adjust the wake in addition to the wedge.  

100% not being an a$$ here. 

Byerly did this on a fishing boat with an outboard. 

Someone else on here said,  not verbatim, NO ONE complains about having TOO big of a wakesurf wake. Everyone can ride a massive surf wave. Not everyone can handle large wakeboard wakes.
I rode behind an 86 Supra comp for a long time. Lots of fun, you learn technique.