Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Made4water

2019 T23 issues

MFknK
56 minutes ago, wilster said:

if you have too much weight in the rear, you'll basically swamp the surf gate--you'll have them below the water line and it won't produce a wave. I'd try it in deeper water and make sure no water is flowing over the top of the surfgate when you're at surf speed, if so, you have too much weight.   

I keep hearing this said and I have plenty of water rolling over my gates when surfing. I don't have any issue with it. Also, I can't understand why it would be an issue. Water still pushes against it obtaining the intended result. I have notice that on the side I am surfing, it can make a little trail in the wave, but it seems purely aesthetic...

ahopkinsVTX

11-15’ is too shallow. This boat is a lot bigger then your previous and you need at least 15’+. If you are on a river you need to be using paddle wheel. Into the current is typically better. But @Raimie has reported that her 2018 T22 isn’t effected as much by her current.

I still suspect you have a depth, speed, weight, possible surf gate issue prior to a hull issue. 

Pictures and video are definitely needed at this point as we are all just saying the same thing. Also, where are you located? I’d bet you a set you could get some help from someone on here by this weekend. 

Dfowkes
4 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

I think it's safe to say we need some pictures of what's going on.

Absolutely until we see a pic of the wave and surf setup screen we are guessing at what the problem could be. I love this group everyone is very helpful. 

vanamp
5 hours ago, MFknK said:

I keep hearing this said and I have plenty of water rolling over my gates when surfing. I don't have any issue with it. Also, I can't understand why it would be an issue. Water still pushes against it obtaining the intended result. I have notice that on the side I am surfing, it can make a little trail in the wave, but it seems purely aesthetic...

I am usually good if they go under a bit but if they go too deep the water rolls over and screws up the top of the wave. 

COOP
18 hours ago, MFknK said:

They get to far under they wont work. And if youre running 1100lb sacs I bet they are to far under. More weight is not always better.

wilster

exactly, i've seen a 20-40% wave degradation in height/quality because the surfgate being buried.  this happened on my '15 23lsv with 650's in the rear and a relatively full boat and i can assure you it wasn't aesthetic.  so with 1100's in the rear, i'd bet that's a big contributor to the wave quality issues.  

boardjnky4

OP has already stated that he tried with the bags half-full and it didn't help.

COOP
44 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

OP has already stated that he tried with the bags half-full and it didn't help.

Yes, we know. But in one of his posts he states the water is "rolling over the gates", and has stated he using larger bags NOT approved by Malibu, sounds like a gate is under. A video would be helpful.