Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 LSV upholstery - best cleaner?

Getting ready to pull out my '18 from storage and get it cleaned up and ready for the season.   What is the cleaner/protector to use on the upholstery?  I have plenty of Boat Bling/Boat Candy vinyl cleaner left from maintaining my '10 VLX, but wasn't sure how the upholstery would handle it.  It almost seems like a brush with warm soapy water would be best, followed by scotchgaurd or something along those lines.  Is it o.k. to use the Vinyl cleaner and conditioner I still have?

I sprayed the pollen of the cover earlier this week and rolled the cover back to look inside.  The new vinyl style did not show any signs of mildew or anything like that, so definitely happy about that.

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I always use Boat Bling’s Vinyl Sause and a soft bristle brush. Every few weeks I use their Condition Sauce.

That was pretty much my routine on the older style vinyl so will continue on then.

The new upholstery doesn't absorb it like a sponge? It just feels so much like cloth that I was a little nervous about using it.

I broke down last year and invested in a commercial high-pressure steamer.  It would be tough to go back to any other method of cleaning the interior of all my vehicles, boat included.  It is amazing what comes out of the stitching and seams when you hit it with high pressure steam.  

I was using Vinyl Sauce.  With having a 6 year old my wife was sold on getting the Ceramic Pro on the boat, exterior and interior.  Everything should just wipe off with a wet rag.

if you need a once a year deep clean then use LA Totally Awesome from Dollar General store, then follow that up with boat bling or some 303.  Some people that have been in the industry or auto detailers will swear by that, plus it's $2 versus 303 being $15?

On 4/11/2019 at 9:45 PM, jjackkrash said:

I broke down last year and invested in a commercial high-pressure steamer.  It would be tough to go back to any other method of cleaning the interior of all my vehicles, boat included.  It is amazing what comes out of the stitching and seams when you hit it with high pressure steam.  

What steamer did you purchase? I have been thinking about going this route. Thx

@jjackkrash I would be curious to know about your steamer as well.  I have a steamer I purchased years ago that I use for steaming grout and tile work that does awesome.  Guess I never thought about using it on upholstery. 

I got a Chief Steamer 125.  Its the stoutest one I could find that worked off a regular outlet (not diesel or 220v).    Spendy but no regrets.  I use it on all my vehicles and lots of applications inside the house.  

• Like 2