Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard Suggestion For My Son

vaporbluebu

I have a 13 year old son who is 5’8” and 130 lbs that did some wake boarding at the end of last season while we were on a trip with some friends.  No one else in our family wakeboards and I know nothing about it. We have a really old board that the bindings are falling apart and I’d like to get something better for him as he really enjoyed it.  He can get up no problem, cross both wakes, and started to do some small airs.  What board, brand/type/size, would you recommend?  Thanks in advance!

11 hours ago, vaporbluebu said:

I have a 13 year old son who is 5’8” and 130 lbs that did some wake boarding at the end of last season while we were on a trip with some friends.  No one else in our family wakeboards and I know nothing about it. We have a really old board that the bindings are falling apart and I’d like to get something better for him as he really enjoyed it.  He can get up no problem, cross both wakes, and started to do some small airs.  What board, brand/type/size, would you recommend?  Thanks in advance!

something like the hyperlite state probably?  I've gotten a zillion beginners up and riding on one, and I boot up in it on occasion just to establish that it will go wake to wake too.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

something like the hyperlite state probably?  I've gotten a zillion beginners up and riding on one, and I boot up in it on occasion just to establish that it will go wake to wake too.

What size board does he need? I would rather get him something that fits him now and buy another board in the future if he keeps growing rather than get something too big for him now that doesn’t make it as easy to progress.