Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine lighting

hawaiianstyln

Anyone add a bunch of LED’s off a SPST rocker switch for the engine compartment?  Im about to and was hoping to see your project pics to get ideas. We are often out at night so it would be good to have as an option in case i need to get in there (hopefully not)

13 hours ago, hawaiianstyln said:

Anyone add a bunch of LED’s off a SPST rocker switch for the engine compartment?  Im about to and was hoping to see your project pics to get ideas. We are often out at night so it would be good to have as an option in case i need to get in there (hopefully not)

I haven't.  But I have recently added an LED bar to my truck's center console and to the trunk of my car.

Solid idea.  Just don't add any permanent equipment on pieces of the boat that might need removal, e.g. divider panels.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

There is lights in storage areas that is on its on switch, but I’m not sure (don’t think it does) if it includes anything in the engine bay. I’ll have to check next time. 

I do have the standard lights in storage area as I think that is by default.