Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

FAE - Who would you do?

Davidda

When I bought my 2016 23LSV Malibu was not offering a surf pipe, so living in Austin, Larry and his crew installed a FAE for me. It was one of his first with the single exhaust. Fast forward until this past June, the screws sheared off and and it was being held on where it was connected under the platform. I also put some marine adhesive on there as the exhaust was coming up between the boat and platform. 

Just got the boat out of the water for service and contemplating switching it out with the surf pipe. Larry is quite willing to go to the dealership and apply a fix to it now that the install is different/better. Epoxy the existing holes, re-drill attach, versus the malibu install which I believe is through the hull and plated on the backside etc. which sounds much more secure and seems to be a better long term solution. 

Anyone have any thoughts on the installation process for 23 LSV with a single exhaust? Is it working, any problems, would you do it agin? 

Thanks

I purchased my 2016 23 LSV late in the year when the Malibu surf pipe was offered.   I have had Zero problems or issues.  (except the "sharp" edge at exhaust tip that could lead to a possible cut, Never been an issue for us)   Surf Pipe is mounted securely with the thru hull support only.    Sorry to hear the early FAE design has some issues.   

Malibu Surf Pipe maybe pricey to install but don't think you will have any further issues.  Not seen anyone report of it coming loose.  

In terms of who I would do, that is a very personal matter and I think it not appropriate to share on the forum...

How much will they charge you to install the FAE like the current surf pipe?