Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1995 Malibu Sunsetter

Noobboater

Hi group- 

im new to boating and at entertaining buying a Malibu Sunsetter 1995 with about 550 hours on it. Any advice or warnings or suggestions from this group would be appreciated 

If you peruse this site, you will find Sunsetter owners love theirs and ones that sold them still have fond memories.  Excellent boats and very versatile.  550 hours is very low for a tournament type ski boat.  Great option as it is a very versatile boat.  Just note that a direct drive style boat does have certain attributes that make them a bit different from an outboard or I/O, so read up on operation and maintenance of this type of vessel.

There are lots of good threads on new direct drive boat ownership and as you are new to the whole aspect of boating lots to learn and understand.  Your first boat may not be the ideal choice as you learn what you like over your first few years, but as noted, Sunsetter is an excellent choice.  I would spent time going over your local water regulations, your marine sheriff probably offers free boating safety classes and a good list of what you should keep on your boat.  This site also has numerous threads on the subjects.

• Like 2

I have a 1998 Sunsetter LX that I bought new and am just getting it back in the water after a few years. I have just over 400 hours and have had little to no issues with the boat. Just standard maintenance.

Just now replacing the fuel pump and battery cables.

It'll be back on the water in one week, so excited!

• Like 3