Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel filter change

G'day all

I've just picked up the Australian version of a  2016 Axis A20 with the Monsoon 330 Indmar. 

Can anyone point me towards a how too on changing the fuel filter? Manual claims this should be done every 12 months. 

I'm assuming its just a case of disconnect battery, undo the cannister, replace and key up to prime? 

cheers

Edited by BH78

It's pretty straight forward. Just undo the top and bottom nuts and she comes right out. Well there is one bolt on the clamp that holds the filter in place you need to remove too. Get a little cup to catch the small amount of fuel that will leak out the bottom from the fuel system pressure. After I change mine I cycle the key a couple times to give the fuel pump some time to fill the new filter and get the pressure back up before starting. Should take you 20 minutes or so being your first time. Not sure disconnecting the battery is necessary either......I never have.

Edited by BlindSquirrel
  • 4 weeks later...

So, went well. A couple of tips:

- invert the bracket bolt when you change the filter i.e. place the nut on the outside - unless you have three hands;

- take the top hose off first, pack with heaps of paper towel as you'll drip a good amount of fuel;

- the Napa filter is 25% of the cost of the Indmar, even with shipping from the US;

- take the side cover off and the one in front of it as well as the trans step for access;

- allow a good hour, you'd be a ninja if you could do this in 20 minutes. Filter is easy, brackets are a little trickier. 

Edited by BH78