Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

pictures of vapor lock prevention fuel pump install?

srab

I have a 2006 Malibu v-drive, the last year, I think, before they located the fuel pump in the tank.  It is prone to, under the right conditions, allow for vapor lock. 

The past two seasons, for whatever reason, it has become an increasingly common problem.  So, I've decided to install the Carter Fuel Pump Vapor Lock Prevention Kit.

I expect it to be a fairly straightforward install, but picking out the best place to mount it is first on the agenda.

Anyone had this modification done?  And if so, would you happen to have a picture?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Update:

[St]ealership quoted me a price of $800 to install the secondary fuel pump for this modification.

The kit has gone up a bit in price, and could likely be put together on one's own for quite a bit less.  I purchased the kit from Bakes for $467.

Installation instructions [from Indmar], ready-to-plug-in wiring harness, mounting bracket, and hardware were all included.

Installation was simple, performed in less than an hour (and a good chunk of that was deciding exactly where to mount the bracket).  There was really not enough room to mount to a stringer on my boat, so, like formulaben above, I mounted it to a portion of the rear seat.  I kept mine much closer to the fuel tank, though, on a vertical panel separating starboard side rear seat from center seat, beneath the storage tray.  Doing so, I was able to complete the job without any additional fuel line.

I too added this to my 06VLX. Also mounted it to the rear center seat structure below the storage bin. Made my own wiring harness and had a little over $100 in all of it at that time. Fixed my vapor lock 100%.