Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Paging Recent 2019 25 LSV Buyers

riffraff

I'm ready to commit to buying a '19 25 LSV and I've got my deal pretty well ironed out with my dealer.  We demoed and looked at just about every comparable boat on the market and I've also been strongly considering a '19 GS24.  I believe the final offer from Malibu is stronger than Nautique's but the Nautique dealer has me second guessing myself.

This is a significant financial commitment.  If you've recently gone thru the purchase process on a '19 25 LSV I'd love to hear from you.  Please send me a PM if you'd be interested in offering me some guidance.  Thank you!  

Reporting for duty, sir!   PM being sent, but there is not much in a PM I wouldn’t say publicly so if there are questions, ask away.

Like any new boat purchase, I think most on here would first ask how each of the dealers are?  They can make or break the experience regardless of the brand.   

• Like 2

Present and accounted for. It depends how you will be using your boat. This is our family’s 2nd 25LSV. We are not boat flippers. We loved our 2016 so much and the new features in the 2019, that we swallowed the delta in price difference and made the jump. PM will be sent momentarily. 

From my understanding the GS24 is a crossover boat that does all three fairly well. But if you want the best wave and wake, go with the 25 lsv! I just broke my 19 25 lsv in and we have surfed and wake boarded on it. The wave is phenomenal and so easy to dial in. We also are extremely pleased with the wake. 

I am coming from an 07 21LSV. I have not ridden the other brands. The wife and I just don’t like the styling on the other brands. I am into the water sports (the wife not so much) otherwise I may have ended up In a cobalt or chaparral. I was very concerned going to all the new electronics. I now have 12+ hrs on fee had my first service this week and still haven’t ridden. (I am a sissy Cali boy when it comes to cold water. We are still at 65. And I don’t have a wetsuit🤗.) as of now I am very happy. Dealer has been great. And there have been no problems with electronics.🤫 this is 100 front, 100 mid, 50 in the rear. No wedge. Rpm at 2900 with an Acme 2805, 

I forgot this pic has 550 pnp but again rear at 50 

Myself, my wife and 22 year old daughter in the boat. 

Ask any questions you like. AD65D885-AC72-4389-BA77-F86BA3C695A5.thumb.jpeg.88b8c495e1fb6e52a0b126f62333a8db.jpeg

Edited by Sparky450
  • Like 2

As bbattiste247 said, the gs are marketed as crossover boats. If you truly are looking at a boat with any kind of crossover abilities, I doubt the 24 foot version of it would be the way to go. I think that’s one of the main reasons you don’t see much information out in the real world about them. Bigger boats don’t typically translate into a very good ski wake and probably why Malibu doesn’t offer anything like that. Your first instinct on the deal you had already arranged with your dealer is the correct one in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

Thank you everyone!!!  TMC is amazing!!!  I've been able to speak with several of you guys today and everyone has been very open and helpful. 

I'm pulling the trigger on the new boat.  The 25 LSV will be on the water this Friday!!!

Great choice! I’m sure you will love it.  

On 4/6/2019 at 4:45 PM, riffraff said:

Thank you everyone!!!  TMC is amazing!!!  I've been able to speak with several of you guys today and everyone has been very open and helpful. 

I'm pulling the trigger on the new boat.  The 25 LSV will be on the water this Friday!!!

I just came from a G23 to a 2019 25 LSV.  Very pleased so far.  I would not put the GS24 in the same class, even though I have never been behind one.  Unless you are a skier, there is no reason whatsoever to even consider it.  Feel free to send a message, but it sounds like any concerns you had are now resolved.  

• Like 3

Ive never been on either but i find these debates interesting..just a outsiders opinion still rocking a 2004 VLX LOL but been behind a ton of boats.. the better comp would be a G25 to this LSV..i having been on the LSV in 19 but others of all years of late the 23lsv from 16..both are great boats for Surfing and wakeboarding..like others have said the DEALER is the #1 thing after the boat model you choose if its close you take the dealer that has better rep..