Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

interior skins installation question

adam911

Hey guys im thinking about ordering full interior boat skins from (gabes custom marine) and i was wondering if its fairly simple to staple all the skins in place im sure the seat will be a little complex so i can take that to my upholstery guy other than that what was your experience and how did it turn out ? thanks in advance 

I’ve always had the upholsterer put them on. It was cheap if the old vinyl was already removed and the staples pulled out. They used steam to make the new vinyl more pliable and lay without wrinkles and be nice and plush and tucked in all the right places  

The time I tried it was not as simple as pull and staple. Ymmv. But I decided to let the pros do it. 

1 hour ago, adam911 said:

Hey guys im thinking about ordering full interior boat skins from (gabes custom marine) and i was wondering if its fairly simple to staple all the skins in place im sure the seat will be a little complex so i can take that to my upholstery guy other than that what was your experience and how did it turn out ? thanks in advance 

Good choice using Gabe. He does great work!!