Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

After Market Sub in 2018 A24

NobadDays

Has anyone replaced the stock sub and Amp in a 2018 Axis?

I would like to get a little better "Bump" from my Sub, but looks like it is almost impossible to build any kind of a sub box under the drivers dash with the solid fiberglass is on my A24.

Any Information greatly appreciated!

I have been weighing the same issue. I don’t have the factory sub. Right now I have a 12” in the passenger compartment. I want to have it custom fit to that kick plate area at drivers feet. 

Problem is, the heater is mounted there and will have to be moved, then the space is still really tight. 

I think that some of the low profile subs that use a smaller volume box would work well. 

I was thinking that I could have a box made to fit behind that fiberglass, then “sandwich” the fiberglass between the sub and the box.

This is the low profile sub I have been eyeing.

http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-subwoofer-drivers-tw5v2

Edited by MFknK
On 4/2/2019 at 12:49 PM, NobadDays said:

Has anyone replaced the stock sub and Amp in a 2018 Axis?

I would like to get a little better "Bump" from my Sub, but looks like it is almost impossible to build any kind of a sub box under the drivers dash with the solid fiberglass is on my A24.

Any Information greatly appreciated!

Unless the foot well is no longer there like Malibu :

A shop recommended that I take out the flimsy foot well, unless your real tall makes no difference .  They put in a double star bright wall encasing the fiberglass mount surface for well on either side , two piece( backside piece is two piece also  fir easier assembly of wall and relocated heater vent from top of old well ) , even the lousy little fa 10 I have makes more thump powered at well below rms rating,  also you achieve more sub enclosure space if you go that route.  They routed the whole backside two piece assembly  for fitment to pre cut fiberglass wall and the floor piece was routed and screw connected to outside starbright wall facing 

makes the euro vent outlet work great on your feet, warms feet and the floor surface in front of sub 

that well is 1/4 inch at most thickness versus two widths of 3/4 Star bright sandwiched around 1/4 inch of fiberglass ,  how is the rebound of driver supposed to perform in a thin surface that itself vibrates from the driver loosing some of the compression effect 

Edited by granddaddy55