Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil changers; why do you pump it?

1 hour ago, Ryan1776 said:

Wow no kidding.... Thanks man. 

Yeah I'd say every other year, but it depends on usage.  Lately, it's part of my regular yearly maintenance.

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 7:05 AM, Ryan1776 said:

Pretty much says it all. 
In my Supra I would take that line from the pan, just like on my 2010 LSV drop it through the hull plug open the cap and let it drain. Took a while, but hell, I had a million other things to do while that was draining. 
So why do you guys pump it? Just for the speed of it? 

Also, I see guys buying the 200 pumps/buckets...
This guy is 30 bucks plus a home depot bucket with lid is under 10..... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KZIFZVK?pf_rd_p=1cac67ce-697a-47be-b2f5-9ae91aab54f2&pf_rd_r=XE62B587JJ87MPAS96TH

No judging, just wondering! 

Thank you!

Ryan 

Ryan, did you use that amazon pump?  If so, how did it work?

On 4/2/2019 at 7:59 AM, Ryan1776 said:

So you just thread the pump to the drain hose instead of feeding down the dipstick tube? I like that. You know you're getting the bottom of the barrel so to speak. 

Agree with @hunter77ah on fitting size... 

Haven't had to do that yet. Only had the boat one season. What's the timing on Trans fluid change....4.2 qt (4L) Pennzoil Dexron II, III or MERCON seems like it'll run on anything!

OFF TOPIC; What grease do you guys use for the steering cable? How many zerks, location?

DO NOT PUT THE HOSE DOWN THE DIPSTICK TUBE!  Too many treads with bad results.  (One may or may not be mine...)

1 hour ago, hunter77ah said:

Ryan, did you use that amazon pump?  If so, how did it work?

I did not. I ended borrowing one from work, used air as a siphon method. SLOOOOOOOW. But I had nowhere to go. Just walked away. Sorry I can't answer your question. 

https://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-7300-PneumatiVac-Air-Operated-Evacuator/dp/B000JFN9WW/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=air+siphon+oil+vacuum&qid=1559666114&s=gateway&sr=8-8

• 1 month later...

My jabsco plastic extractor hose goes straight down that pan drain line with ease with no connecting hardware and since it is so far in it holds it up propped against extcat,  that hose is secured to top of motor and ready  to use , the large oval spring clip easily turns brass hex head top off of hose 

just stick  hose down dipstick hole of tranny snd vdrive moving it around like a straw in a glass 

why is this so complex for folks ?

I have a drain plug light and this will stay my method, I never remove that plug as we have no inspections for mussels done here

so easy to get power from cables on motor on top of tranny 

Was that setup from my dealer ?? Or is that the factory axis setup fir changing oil with that hose with the brass fitting and retaining clip?

Edited by granddaddy55