Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview touch screen replacement....help please.

Same here...my screen is still working but I think it will need to be replaced sometime during summer 2021 as it has delaminated significantly.  Anyone have any luck repairing the screen?

• 2 weeks later...

I fell like I have heard of some sort of cable that creates a jump that allows the boat to be started to at least get you home if your out. Does any know what I'm talking about or did I dream it? (very possible)

also where can I find info about the key switch override?

I'm just looking for a fail safe because my screen is starting to go (pic included). I'm going to buy a new screen but trying to hold off as long as possible. img%5D

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 8:40 AM, Chris said:

were you able to rebuild  or repair the delam screens? my 14 LSV still works, but I'm hoping to fix it before it dies. 

Hey All -- Sorry for the lack of follow-up.  I obviously don't check in often enough during the offseason.  I didn't have any success with repairing the screens.  The way that the digitizer is laminated to the glass is (from everything I've tried) completely unable to be separated without destroying the unit.  A friend of mine has a business repairing digital screens and after I struck out I went and visited his facility. We employed both heat and cold to try and get them apart and only caused more damage.

• 3 months later...

I have a 2013 23LSV, middle upper screen, maliview with the side buttons, it started to get fuzzy at the lake last Sunday.  Within a hour the screen was unreadable as in scrambled , but everything else worked.   Boat was powered down then  up at the lake after problem and it started normal but then went scrambled dark with in seconds.   
Could this be just an input problem? Once home I did check all the connections I could see under the dash and one seemed loose, I turned it back on and it worked normal  for about 10 minutes (then I turned it off).  

thanks,

Jud

11 minutes ago, noeffort said:

I have a 2013 23LSV, middle upper screen, maliview with the side buttons, it started to get fuzzy at the lake last Sunday.  Within a hour the screen was unreadable as in scrambled , but everything else worked.   Boat was powered down then  up at the lake after problem and it started normal but then went scrambled dark with in seconds.   
Could this be just an input problem? Once home I did check all the connections I could see under the dash and one seemed loose, I turned it back on and it worked normal  for about 10 minutes (then I turned it off).  

thanks,

Jud

That screen on my 2012 has a similiar issue and when I take the dash panel off and reseat the RCA connector it goes away.  I keep meaning to figure out how long that cable is and replace it with a gold one.

I have a 2013 VLX and the Maliview screen was flickering last year; realized the dash was loose, likely causing the connection issue. Any tipcs/instructions on how to remove/replace the dash w/o breaking anything?

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Sorry guys - my screen is long gone.  I probably could have sold it for quite a bit more based on how many people need one - stinks that Malibu and Medallion are screwing people on this issue.

https://www.bakesonline.com/malibu-boats-touch-screen-display.html 

This says 7 in stock for the low price of $3200.00!! Mine is delaminating but still works… but 3200… OMG. I am going to use it until failure and then hope these are still in stock. Sadly… I think I am going to sell the boat and try and get into a similar year AXIS with no screens…

Edited by acarboneau
  • 3 months later...
HammerTime11

I am looking for a Screen for 2013 LSV  Part # 3962052  or EOM #  6913-00503-01

Does anyone have one forsale or Have the contact of the guy that can replace the screens

• 1 year later...

I have been keeping a watchful eye on this screen delamination issue since 2019 when I boat a used 21 VLX.

I was glad to see a company in Florida can replace the screen on both the MTC Touch Screen and the 10 button top Malivue Screen:  https://www.mtcscreens.com/store

My lower MTC Touch Screen is starting to delaminate.  My top screen - Malivu with 10 buttons - has a hazy screen that continues to get worse as well.  I would get them both redone.  The lower screen is easy to get to and remove/ replace.  I have no idea how to get to the top screen and remove / replace - but my lower dash is already starting to come loose on its own so I think a couple stud bolts have already become unbolted or broken.  If anyone has done this and can send photos or a video, I would really like to see the best way to access the upper dash/ instrument panel.

Today, I also learned about another great option for the lower touch screen:

https://wakeswitches.com/

This is a really great option!  Has anyone done either the MTC Screen refurbishment above or tried this new tablet solution that gets you away from the old medallion faulty product all together???  Please share your experience if you have done either option.

In my opinion both of these options are way better than shelling out 3X or 4X the $$$ to replace with a medallion screen again that fails in 4-6 years.....

1 hour ago, goingboating said:

I have been keeping a watchful eye on this screen delamination issue since 2019 when I boat a used 21 VLX.

I was glad to see a company in Florida can replace the screen on both the MTC Touch Screen and the 10 button top Malivue Screen:  https://www.mtcscreens.com/store

My lower MTC Touch Screen is starting to delaminate.  My top screen - Malivu with 10 buttons - has a hazy screen that continues to get worse as well.  I would get them both redone.  The lower screen is easy to get to and remove/ replace.  I have no idea how to get to the top screen and remove / replace - but my lower dash is already starting to come loose on its own so I think a couple stud bolts have already become unbolted or broken.  If anyone has done this and can send photos or a video, I would really like to see the best way to access the upper dash/ instrument panel.

Today, I also learned about another great option for the lower touch screen:

https://wakeswitches.com/

This is a really great option!  Has anyone done either the MTC Screen refurbishment above or tried this new tablet solution that gets you away from the old medallion faulty product all together???  Please share your experience if you have done either option.

In my opinion both of these options are way better than shelling out 3X or 4X the $$$ to replace with a medallion screen again that fails in 4-6 years.....

My screen from MTC screens will be here tomorrow. I'll update once its installed.

• Like 1

Earlier this summer I replaced my lower screen with switches from wakeswitches.com. Chris was very helpful. A couple of things didn’t work correctly after install and Chris sent me a new control box that he made at no cost. He has it all dialed in now and everything works great. love having the simple switches and a key start which never came on 2011 Malibu’s. Raising the wedge after wakeboarding has never been so easy. The touch screen was touchy when raising the wedge even when the screen was new. My upper screen is good and hopefully I won’t need it repaired anytime soon. I need to remember cover the upper screen with towel when the boat is in the sun. Hopefully protecting it from sun will help it last longer. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, goingboating said:

Please share your experience if you have done either option.

I replaced my MTC with the analog controls from Wakeswitches and found it to be easy and am extremely happy with the results.  Chris was awesome to work with.  I also have a 2011 boat (mine's a VTX) that did not come with a backup keyed ignition, so feel much better having the keyed ignition in place now.  My MTC screen was delaminating, but was still functional.  I was always worrying that it would fail while we were out on the river and then I would have been unable to start the boat.  The peace of mind I have now is worth a lot.  I really don't miss the MTC touchscreen.  The tablet option was not available when I replaced my screen.

I think it looks pretty nice in the dash as well:

PXL_20220915_221335863.jpg

PXL_20220915_221305595.jpg

PXL_20220915_221256523.jpg

• Like 3