Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview touch screen replacement....help please.

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2019 at 6:26 PM, Leftlane said:

I have a brand new replacement Medallion touch screen that I will sell for $1750.  I bought a 2014 23 LSV in 2017 and the existing screen was delaminating a bit even though it was fully functional, so as part of my deal I insisted the dealer give me a brand new replacement screen at the time of purchase in case mine went out.  I subsequently lost my boat in the floods here in 2017 and replaced my boat with a new 23 LSV, so I don’t need this screen anymore.  Never installed, still has the protective sheet on the screen, date code on the back is 7/17/17. Part # is 6913-00503-01.  Still in the box from Malibu even.  

Don’t know about any software updates as I never needed to use this one.

Apologies in advance if I need a certain level of membership to post something like this.

Do you still have this item?  My name is Alan and my number is 818-590-5664. Let me know if you do.  Thanks so much

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m going to be replacing my Malibu Command Touchscreen and looking for some guidance on doing it.  When I looked under the dash, it looked like there were to nuts with bolts applying pressure to the back of the screen.  Is this the only thing holding the screen in place?  Or do I need to pop off the chrome bezel on the dash to access additional screws holding it place?  If I need to pop off the chrome bezel, is it just fast clips like on automotive trim?

The bezel just kind of pops off. It doesn’t have fast clips. The screen is pretty easy to remove and reinstall. Like you guessed, it’s just held on by back pressure iirc. 

6 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

The bezel just kind of pops off. It doesn’t have fast clips. The screen is pretty easy to remove and reinstall. Like you guessed, it’s just held on by back pressure iirc. 

Thank you.  Sounds like it gets installed from the front (remove the bezel) vs than coming in from under and behind the dash.  Now hopefully I can get the part.

Edited by DAI
3 hours ago, dalt1 said:

If I remember correctly, the chrome bezel will be popped off after removing unit from dash, then snapped back on new unit. Has your new one been flashed for proper year and options for your boat?

I still need to receive my new unit, should get it this week, but the dealer said it was plug and play and no programming was needed.  If I recall correctly, under setup isn’t there a checkbox list of what options you have on your boat (e.g. heater)?

When I did mine last year it was ready to go. I don’t think Tommy’s did anything to it before they gave it to me. You can add or remove buttons through the mtc. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 8:39 PM, HPskier1 said:

I talked to my dealer and they said most were back logged? But it seems like some people are still getting them ordered and receiving them? Were at?

Turned out mine was still on back order a couple weeks ago.  However, my dealer said the Malibu rep confirmed they are in and they should have it Tuesday or Wednesday.

@Fffrank

There was another thread a while ago (can't find it) where you said you'd take a donated screen to see if they can be repaired.  If you are still interested, I'll donate my old one to the cause in the hope they can be repaired for others in the future ($2,400 is a lot of money for something that shouldn't failed).  The one I'll be taking off is still fully functional as of last week, but just a matter of time before it fails.

On 9/13/2020 at 8:39 AM, DAI said:

@Fffrank

There was another thread a while ago (can't find it) where you said you'd take a donated screen to see if they can be repaired.  If you are still interested, I'll donate my old one to the cause in the hope they can be repaired for others in the future ($2,400 is a lot of money for something that shouldn't failed).  The one I'll be taking off is still fully functional as of last week, but just a matter of time before it fails.

For sure!  I received some donors a few years ago and wasn't able to get the case split in a way where we could repair them and make sure they would remain water tight.  I've got some new ideas this time.  I can't promise/guarantee anything but I'm happy to experiment and if I am able to repair your screen I would return it to you free of charge.

3 hours ago, Fffrank said:

For sure!  I received some donors a few years ago and wasn't able to get the case split in a way where we could repair them and make sure they would remain water tight.  I've got some new ideas this time.  I can't promise/guarantee anything but I'm happy to experiment and if I am able to repair your screen I would return it to you free of charge.

You figure it out, you deserve the profit from the test unit and can sell it.  I'll DM you when I have it replaced.

1 hour ago, COOP said:

Shoot a PM and I can give you details. Yes, Im a dealer.

For some reason it will not let me message you? Says “COOP can not receive messages”

14 hours ago, HPskier1 said:

For some reason it will not let me message you? Says “COOP can not receive messages”

I sent a message to you. 

Not sure why it would say that, I get messages all the time.

7 hours ago, COOP said:

I sent a message to you. 

Not sure why it would say that, I get messages all the time.

Interested as well. And I get the same message that you can’t receive PMs. 

Screen replaced.

For those doing it, straight forward process.  I popped the bezel off, took the two nuts off from behind the unit, pop unit out and reverse.  The biggest pain was my wetsounds zone control was mounted right there, so had to work around it.

Here is a picture on how far delaminated it was, but still functional.

20200917_161145.jpg

Edited by DAI
  • 3 months later...
On 9/15/2020 at 3:26 PM, Fffrank said:

were you able to rebuild  or repair the delam screens? my 14 LSV still works, but I'm hoping to fix it before it dies.