Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview touch screen replacement....help please.

Well, I was just quoted $3,864 by my local Malibu dealer to have the small screen (which is starting to delaminate/bubble) replaced in my 2013 VLX!  Seems a little out there & ridiculous.  What are my options?  Is it something I can order the unit & install myself?  How hard is the install?  Any suggestions on where I can get a cheaper unit, since the dealer is charging me $3,064 for just the unit alone!  

Edited by 7lazy77

I had mine replaced under warranty I think it was closer to 2500.  The small screen is the brains/computer and the larger screen is just a secondary monitor. That's why the price is so high. Try another dealer near by to see what they quote you.

Not sure if this is the correct Maliview screen but found one online for $999   Description: Medallion Boat MaliView Dash Display 6913-00394-01 | Malibu 6 3/4 Inch   Boat part number 1076177 is a new MaliView dash display from Medallion Marine, part number 6913-00394-01 . Commonly used on Malibu boats, part number unavailable, but may be used on other boats.  Good Luck.  

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/medallion-boat-maliview-dash-display-6913-00394-01-malibu-6-3-4-inch   

image.png.ac8fd80efd22756475eb19dc9266d110.png

That is not a touch screen and not the screen you are refering to above. This is the main screen for the 1st generation Malivue that came out in 2009 and ran till 2014 or 2015 (someone else will know the year.)

25 minutes ago, gregtay said:

That is not a touch screen and not the screen you are refering to above. This is the main screen for the 1st generation Malivue that came out in 2009 and ran till 2014 or 2015 (someone else will know the year.)

Sorry figured it was too good to be true.  

Bakes Online had the DTC touch screen for $1950.  Below is the link.  

Description:  Malibu Boats Touch Screen Display. Used on 2011+ Malibu Boats this screen is also referred to as the MTC or Malibu Touch Command. Please note there are no returns on electronics. Electronic component warranty will be reviewed case-by-case by Malibu within a thirty (30) day period from the date of sale.

https://www.bakesonline.com/malibu-boats-touch-screen-display.html

Product Details:

Used on 2011+ Malibu Boats

May require software update once installed

Manufactured by Medallion Instruments 

image.png.9c5c59c88e88259bcf57f0750e49026f.png

Edited by ORMailbuboater

That's the part.  Might need to be flashed with new software once you receive it.  

Install is a simple process.  Unscrew/unplug old unit, re-install new one.  

If Bakes has it I would call and see if its one from the newest batch (past 4 months or so). Supposedly the newest batch uses a different supplier for the build parts to avoid the screen delam issues. 

I just took the plunge and ordered mine from bakes yesterday. They said it is coming directly from Malibu and will be shipped direct to me. Not sure if malibu is still pushing the old ones out first or what their inventory levels are at, but it would be nice if COOP was right and we finally get a screen that wont delaminate!

3 hours ago, QmanBu said:

I just took the plunge and ordered mine from bakes yesterday. They said it is coming directly from Malibu and will be shipped direct to me. Not sure if malibu is still pushing the old ones out first or what their inventory levels are at, but it would be nice if COOP was right and we finally get a screen that wont delaminate!

QmanBu.....could you let me know what you end up getting from Malibu & if it is the old stock (Medallion instrument) or if you get the new batch that COOP talked about.  Would you also mind letting me know if you also needed to do the software update on it still or if it was ready to go when you swapped them out.  I haven't pulled my boat out of winter storage yet, but am curious to see what the screen looks like when I do & before I also take the plunge with a new touch screen.

Edited by 7lazy77

If its coming from Malibu it should be a new batch.  It should also have the latest software. The last one I ordered was built in Dec. and they had no more of the old ones.

Edited by COOP

Good info & that for the help COOP!  If I can swap it out myself & avoid a 300 mile trip to the dealer (if they don't need to do software update), then that makes the purchase a lot less painful.

Edited by 7lazy77

Following.  Please update as mine has the bubble but still works.

Anyone know when the dealer flash is required?  Given how easy they are to swap it'd be a pain to pull it all the way to the dealer.

27 minutes ago, 7lazy77 said:

Good info & that for the help COOP!  If I can swap it out myself & avoid a 300 mile trip to the dealer (if they don't need to do software update), then that makes the purchase a lot less painful.

Theyre easy to swap. And the old software file (if needed)is small enough to email.

Yup, i was told from Bakes that if I need different software, they can track down the correct version for me and email it to me. Then I put it on a blank jump drive and hook it into the white usb slot on the screen harness and it should be simple from there.

I will let everyone know what I receive though

Figured I would let everyone know that I was able to install the screen no problems and it was the source of my whitewashed, vertical line issues. Just a 7/16 deep wheel to remove the two nuts and the simple connector. 

Mine came right from Malibu (ordered through Bakes Online) and it has a manufacture date of 3/4/19 and is Rev D. I will say that it does have the 2014 software though and will assume all will be loaded with that. Not sure that i need to go back to the 2012 version though to be honest. Surfgate is displayed on the dash but other than that, it seems like it is all the same. Do i NEED the 2012 Version?

Here's hooping COOP is right and the screen will last!

19 hours ago, COOP said:

Malibu warranty on electronic components is 30 days from date of purchase. Crazy, I know. 

Medallion might have an additional warranty beyond that.

Would be worth checking into.

Negative. I was told that it is a hard 30 day warranty and even that is difficult to make happen. Supposedly Malibu has been cracking down on all things electronic recently. I think it has been proven over the last several years that we are at the mercy of these screens and that comes with the territory of owning a 2011-14 boat. 

• 1 month later...

Were there any "symptoms" before your unit failed?  I noticed that the screen was un-responsive a few times yesterday on my 2013 LSV.  A power cycle seemed to solve the problem, but it was pretty annoying.  I also have noticed that my Bluetooth is hit or miss and won't connect.

15 minutes ago, amartin said:

Were there any "symptoms" before your unit failed?

Other than the de-lamination, parts of the touch screen stop working... right before I had mine replaced, some of the buttons would work, but others would not. I don't recall it ever being completely unresponsive, and working after a power cycle.