Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2003 Sunsetter LXI

Hi all!

I’m looking for the location and part number of the fuel filter..(2003 Sunsetter LXI)  Are there two on this boat?  And is it easy to get too?  Thanks in advance for any info!

Theres only 1 Steve. Well, one filter. If you click on the "resources" button you can find manuals that give those kind of details. These are basic chevy's. Oil change is easy, just a little tricky getting filter iut without dripping a little. 

Steve B.

If the '03 is the same as the '01 there is a low pressure filter on top of the tank and a high pressure filter on the port side of the engine.

Pretty sure my 02 has only the low pressure filter right after it leaves the tank. Then heads straight to the pump on the port side. The pump does have a fine filter at it's inlet.

Steve B.

23 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Pretty sure my 02 has only the low pressure filter right after it leaves the tank. Then heads straight to the pump on the port side. The pump does have a fine filter at it's inlet.

Steve B.

If your boat is fuel injected, you likely have a second filter.  My SSLX had 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2003 SSLXI with the Monsoon 335. My boat uses a 1/2" barbed inline fuel filter. You access the filter through the ski locker. You may be able to access it  through the panel, but it is much easier to remove the back panel entirely to make the swap out easier. A NAPA Gold #3248 will do the job or a similar 1/2" inline barb filter in a brand of your choice. 

Edited by Broghammer

The high pressure filter was deleted by Indmar mid-2001. (I contacted them when I could not locate that filter the first time I serviced my '01 SSLXi myself.) So your '03 will just have the one located in the trunk, as indicated in preceding posts. 

My dads 02 xti, with an indmar, didn’t come with a fuel filter.....we bought that tug new. :crazy:  I added an inline after having to rebuild the whole fuel delivery system.

Edited by BlindSquirrel