Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Great Lakes vs Commercial Sewing cover

hethj7

6 hours ago, G Spot said:

You are doing the velcro before you tighten up the back right? I've honestly never had an issue with the velcro coming undone. 

Bragger.

I had the boat out yesterday so I threw the cover on and took some pics. Take this with a grain of salt as this might be the 5th time in about 15 years that I have installed a cover at all. And the first time with a nice cover.  I feel the CS cover is a great fit. I have never towed with a cover on before,  but after the bugs yesterday I might start. The truck doesn’t block the bugs as well on the 25LSV as it did on the old 07 21LSV. 🤬🤬  It was very easy to install(even with how heavy it is)  Took me just a couple minutes. 47967B4E-9B26-4604-B617-69EF2F325A5B.thumb.jpeg.69a7fd2426f10dbee098c77749f0d8e2.jpegAF8CF354-9D5F-47D2-BAAA-F5D74AFB4254.thumb.jpeg.8d6b9079371d8cd7d451b8f1eaa676df.jpegC61B6620-4CFC-4AA9-A7C5-64D4A19A5FF6.thumb.jpeg.cafffc844cf808dcebacdb258e85de3b.jpeg

Edited by Sparky450
  • Like 3

Man you guys are great. I went out and looked for my box  I have already thrown it away. So I checked my build sheet🤗🤗 it says GL. But it does fit great😁😎😂

• 4 weeks later...

When I was taking delivery of my 23 (with the CS cover) there was a 22 also being delivered and it had the GL cover.  Figured I post up the back to back photos to give someone the visual differences between the two.  For the Gx tower the GS did have some loops that attached above the board racks which seemed like a good idea.  CS comes with the swim platform cover and in general fit a little tighter.

Top photo is the CS, bottom is the GL.

cs.thumb.JPG.18d2fcbd80270d0c643d8162de906f2e.JPG

22401026_GLcover.thumb.JPG.484a345b05ba1e3e71ec714838c62850.JPG

ahopkins22LSV
34 minutes ago, inlandlaker said:

I have the CS for our 22VLX, but it doesn't have the same hang tyte set up.  There's only one, unlike the pics by @ahopkinsVTX, & @gregtay.

The new hangtyte system like mine started in 2018 for CS covers I think. Maybe it was 2019 though, I don’t remember 🤷🏽‍♂️

Question... Are there color choices for the factory CS cover (should I have had a chance to pick a cover color when I ordered it with my boat?)  Not loving the color of the cover (that's my Azure/Gunmetal 23LSV above)… not that it matters that much but a dark grey or black cover would have looked MUCH better than the one we received with the boat which is a either light grey or light tan, cant really tell.

3 hours ago, gregtay said:

Question... Are there color choices for the factory CS cover (should I have had a chance to pick a cover color when I ordered it with my boat?)  Not loving the color of the cover (that's my Azure/Gunmetal 23LSV above)… not that it matters that much but a dark grey or black cover would have looked MUCH better than the one we received with the boat which is a either light grey or light tan, cant really tell.

No, you can’t pick colors. All factory covers are light gray. 

Yes, black covers looks amazing. 

10 minutes ago, IXFE said:

No, you can’t pick colors. All factory covers are light gray. 

Yes, black covers looks amazing. 

Cool, thx.  I am going to have Bakes stich one up for trailering the new boat with the tower down under the cover.  I absolutely loved the last one I had from Bakes... lasted 11 years (did have a few repairs done to it over the years but it helps that Bakes is just down the road from me.)

16 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Cool, thx.  I am going to have Bakes stich one up for trailering the new boat with the tower down under the cover.  I absolutely loved the last one I had from Bakes... lasted 11 years (did have a few repairs done to it over the years but it helps that Bakes is just down the road from me.)

Evo is also local to you, but he’s got a waiting list. Still worth it IMHO. 

It’s funny what folks in this thread consider a “tight” fitting cover. If you have to use poles, ropes, or bungees, it ain’t that tight, imho. 

I can bounce a quarter off my Evo cover without any of that stuff. 

115B35EA-F9E3-49D4-A11A-7B3F67FBB298.jpeg

14 hours ago, IXFE said:

It’s funny what folks in this thread consider a “tight” fitting cover. If you have to use poles, ropes, or bungees, it ain’t that tight, imho. 

I'm considering investing in one of these next year for the VLX, and perhaps the RLXi.  The RLXi cover is the original and it's getting a little old and tattered.  

1 hour ago, inlandlaker said:

I'm considering investing in one of these next year for the VLX, and perhaps the RLXi.  The RLXi cover is the original and it's getting a little old and tattered.  

Best bet is to get a production slot from Cory locked down NOW.  The frustration happens when people wait until they absolutely need it.  

14 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Best bet is to get a production slot from Cory locked down NOW.  The frustration happens when people wait until they absolutely need it.  

Good point.  Thanks for the heads up.  

16 hours ago, IXFE said:

I really can’t tell the difference between a cover from Bakes and Cory... they look almost identical and have pretty much the same features and use the same materials, cost the same, both are in Issaquah and they both have a waiting list.  Did Cory have a relationship with Bakes canvas shop at some point or is it just luck they ended up down the street from each building very similar covers? Is there something Cory’s covers offer over Bakes custom covers (I have only had a Bakes cover, so curious.)? Lucky me they are both down the street so I can just drop off the boat since I want a bit of a custom fit with the Gx Tower being in the down position.

Edited by gregtay
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 3:27 PM, IXFE said:

DEF2DBEF-5B5F-4220-A86A-42641ABE23A6.jpeg

Looks awesome @IXFE!  Did you go with sunbrella or top notch 9?  Cory convinced me to go with the Top Notch 9.  Mine is getting delivered towards the end of the month, can’t wait. 

5 hours ago, SCMike said:

Looks awesome @IXFE!  Did you go with sunbrella or top notch 9?  Cory convinced me to go with the Top Notch 9.  Mine is getting delivered towards the end of the month, can’t wait. 

I’m a big Sunbrella fan.  For years Cory has been bugging me to try TN9. I finally listened this year. While it’s not quite as soft as Sunbrella, I do think it breaths a little better. I’m happy!

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

I’m a big Sunbrella fan.  For years Cory has been bugging me to try TN9. I finally listened this year. While it’s not quite as soft as Sunbrella, I do think it breaths a little better. I’m happy!

Nice man, glad to hear!