Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
adam911

my dash cluster lights up but wont turn on? help

adam911

Hello everyone on my 2006 vlx i took off and disconnected the plugs to the cluster odometer to do small maintenance on one of the gauge meter, anyways all the connectors look identical and when i hooked them up and when i tried turning on power im only getting the backlight lit but no movement? any clue did i connect them wrong? thanks  

also all batteries are 100% charged

oldjeep

Did they work before you disconnected them? With a sunk boat you are going to have all sorts of electronic gremlins. 

adam911

@oldjeep this boat was never sunk lol  and yes it worked prior to disconnecting 

oldjeep

Ok, so it is a second 2006 vlx?  In any event.  Post a picture of the guage panel and the connections you have. 

adam911

@oldjeep ya i have 2 boats the lsv is a project and ok let me see if i can pull up a pic 

oldjeep

My only 2 suggestions would be

1) peel back the wire protector a bit and see if they labeled them, if no note the wire colors. 

2} pull the dash off the other boat and see if it looks the same in terms of the wire colors. 

drh

The connectors can be switched around - they all carry the same data. 

Did all the gauges stop working after reconnecting or just a couple?