Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordering a 19 23 LSV - Opinions

Chattwake

I just ordered the same color scheme for my 25! The only black I have on my Sepia interior is the piping and I did go with black on the tower hoop. My dealer is putting matching soft grip on the top deck. I can't believe this isn't a standard option, its a must have for me. Also as soon as I pick it up its going to the tint shop. A good tint on a black boat, as seen on Grubb's above looks great. I can also see myself trying to find away to black out the racks and speaker covers. In short the black doesn't scare me at all, I'm going to meticulously clean it no matter what color it is. Congrats!

On 3/29/2019 at 2:29 PM, IXFE said:

If it were my boat, I’d skip the black flake altogether and just get all black. I’ve been on a 22 MXZ with black/black flake scheme and you can barely tell there’s any flake. It just doesn’t show up until you’re right up next to the boat. You’re gonna pay ALOT for all the flake and I just don’t see the return (ie pop) on the investment, especially for a guy who moves through boats as quickly as you do. 

3DB98020-F14B-4A63-97DF-404AB9264094.jpeg

Now that's a throwback! 

16 hours ago, Chappy said:

Gorgeous! I also wanted to commend you on the proper use of the tan interior and soft grip, nailed it!

Thanks. I agree. :P Its getting 20% tint on it today and over next winter I plan to pull the hardware and get most of it powder coated. My dealer did one nearly identical to mine in an M235 and blacked everything out and it looks sick.  I went a shade darker on the windows. 

57558577703-41-B095-D7-A5-FD-4-FC2-869-E

21 hours ago, 05hammerhead said:

This is the boat being delivered to me this week.

IMG-0321.jpg

Oh boy shes good looking... too bad theres still ice on the lakes around here.......................... SOON!

Looks awesome, That said I just sold my 2015 and one of the things I did not care for was the black on the top of the gunnels. Even in central Ohio. during the summer you would burn the crap out of yourself if you stepped on it.   I ended up covering it in white / gray Gator Step. was just too hot to leave bare. 

Yea gunwale, is what I meant by top deck. Mine will be the matching brown that is in the interior hopefully that is enough but I am worried about how hot it will get.  Just sitting with your arm over the side is what concerns me.

ahopkins22LSV
8 minutes ago, Moritz said:

Yea gunwale, is what I meant by top deck. Mine will be the matching brown that is in the interior hopefully that is enough but I am worried about how hot it will get.  Just sitting with your arm over the side is what concerns me.

Gator step or similar doesn’t get hot. Lots of people have done all black in hot climate areas. You should be good. 

• 2 weeks later...