Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordering a 19 23 LSV - Opinions

Chattwake

Hey guys!  I was able to move my 17 LSV quickly to a very nice guy in Cincinnati a few weeks back.  If you see an all pearl metal flake LSV up that way, be nice to the guy!  This is his first inboard, so while he's an experienced boater, I'm sure it will take him some time to get used to no steering in reverse, etc. :)

Anyway, over the years when I've ordered new boats and I've picked the colors, I've generally gone white or black.  I love the look of the all white; however, they can be harder to keep clean from a staining standpoint.  Also, white towers are a bear to keep free of bugs, pollen, mildew, etc.   This year, I'm considering going back to the dark side.   I'm staying with a 23 LSV, with essentially all of the same options I always order (big stereo, nice trailer, etc.).  The only option I'm on the fence about now is the flip down rear platform.  I'm just debating whether it's worth the cost.  It definitely looks cool, and I know it would help my kids get in and out of the water.   However, I just know I'd end up being the wally driving around with it down.

As for colors, I'm currently going with black metal flake on all available panels and black gel everywhere else.   I love the look of the sepia (peanut butter) vinyl, so I think I am going to just brown out the interior with black piping and one black accent.   I'm also going to black flake the trailer to match. 

I welcome any thoughts that you guys may have on the color scheme.  I haven't seen an LSV like this yet.

mb2xc8.jpg2j49560.jpgrshjed.jpg

Edited by Chattwake
  • Like 2

I like the black.  I always liked Brian Grubb's boat when I saw it posted on Malibu's site.  Pretty sweet.  I think they had two different blacks last year that made this combo look really sharp.

'

• Like 2

I just saw an '18 23 LSV almost exactly like that except no metal flake - just straight black. It was awesome and the saddle brown interior is 🔥. I would do the tower all black, too, instead of the stainless steel ring. Go for it!

Talk about going 180 with the color. :) After just over 4 hours on mine, I dig the accent black in my interior, which is the same panels as yours. However... I can see where it is going to need more cleaning attention that you would normally think black would. Because it is a flat material, spots of what ever chemical composition seem to scream at you from certain angles. That is true for the graphite and light graphite in mine as well, but not as bad. That could just be me and I haven't applied any 303 or Babes to anything yet so that might pull me off the ledge so to speak. I would still get it again though.

Love the all black, its my all time favorite combo.

In fact I bought your black Vandal off you a few years back. It was still my favorite boat.

That said, I'm not a fan of the black flake, I feel like it takes away from the sinister aspect of an all black boat.

It would be like bedazzling a Harley motorcycle jacket. Its meant to give off a mean/tough vibe but yet its has sparkles.

Just my opinion, either way it will still be a sick boat.

How hot do the all black boats get in the sun? I've never owned one so really have no clue.

It looks fantastic!

Edited by PoseidonTN
Grammar
54 minutes ago, PoseidonTN said:

How hot do the all black boats get in the sun? I've never owned one so really have no clue.

It looks fantastic!

That would be my question too. 

The top deck can get a little warm.  I've had about 5 black boats now, so I'm more worried about the vinyl, but this new stuff tends to stay cool.

I'm going with as much flake as possible.  One reason is that when you do flake they apply clear first before the black.  That makes a tremendous difference in that the gel does not show every single little scratch and scrape like regular black or even charcoal does. 

Black looks really nice but be aware that it will show all scratches and scuffs.   Plus hot to the touch on surfaces that are in direct sunlight I suspect.

I have a dark graphite hull  bottom which looks nice on the water but...  really shows the rub marks from the trailer bunks.   Dealer says this is very common and reason they recommend not going with a dark bottom hull color.    My only 2 cents  

If it were my boat, I’d skip the black flake altogether and just get all black. I’ve been on a 22 MXZ with black/black flake scheme and you can barely tell there’s any flake. It just doesn’t show up until you’re right up next to the boat. You’re gonna pay ALOT for all the flake and I just don’t see the return (ie pop) on the investment, especially for a guy who moves through boats as quickly as you do. 

3DB98020-F14B-4A63-97DF-404AB9264094.jpeg

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3

Thanks for the input guys!  I'll definitely take your advice into consideration!  One thing I have noticed with the dark flake areas (as mentioned above) is that they don't show scratches as much due to the clear coat.  That's a major reason I'm wanting the black flake.  I'm cool with it being subtle.  Like the pearl metallic on my last boat, you really can't see it until the sun hits it, but it was special and I did get a lot of compliments on it.  I also know that the pearl flake was a huge selling point for my old boat.

• Like 1

Get the platform. We ordered ours with it after being on a friend's Cobalt last season that had it. It is a great feature that you really don't realize how awesome it is until you use it. Here is a picture of ours. I'll have in water pictures late next week.

6E49EC47-E6C1-4D7F-A777-C301BDF59875-X4.

On 3/30/2019 at 9:44 AM, rsutton1223 said:

Get the platform. We ordered ours with it after being on a friend's Cobalt last season that had it. It is a great feature that you really don't realize how awesome it is until you use it. Here is a picture of ours. I'll have in water pictures late next week.

6E49EC47-E6C1-4D7F-A777-C301BDF59875-X4.

we decided not to commit to a '19 after many conversations.  To add to his point, we wouldn't have bought a '19 without one.  i can imagine how awesome it is for families.

55 minutes ago, 05hammerhead said:

This is the boat being delivered to me this week.

IMG-0321.jpg

IMG-0319.jpg

57558417113-6-A23-BD04-436-B-4-D2-C-99-C

Gorgeous! I also wanted to commend you on the proper use of the tan interior and soft grip, nailed it!

• Like 2