Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone taking a factory tour next week?

gregtay

My boat is being built next week (spray date of April 2nd)… anyone happen to be taking a tour of the factory?  If so, i' d love for someone to spy on my boat for me:).

59 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Have you requested your dealer ask the factory for pictures? The factory doesn't allow others on the tour to take pictures of anything but their own boat.

Yes... and they sad “sure, it is $250, do you want them?” I said no, out of principle I wasn’t going to pay $250 for a photo of my boat that is costing well into six figures. 😏. You would think they would just make a photo part of the experience of buying a boat.

Gotta be a joke....  I can't imagine they'd charge $250 for pics of your own boat.  I still the originals taken in Merced for our boat. Someone there took pics and mailed them for free.

ahopkins22LSV

Correct, the $250 is for a book that’s really nice that probably has a lot of pictures of the entire process. 

People have just asked their dealer and they have been sent photos though. 

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

People have just asked their dealer and they have been sent photos though. 

This is not always the case. I asked last year when my boat was being built and received the same response as the OP (not surprising since we have the same dealer). I was told “Malibu doesn’t really do that anymore, but I can ask” I never got a response and doubt it was ever followed up on. I was annoyed at first, now I don’t really care. 

ahopkins22LSV
48 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

This is not always the case. I asked last year when my boat was being built and received the same response as the OP (not surprising since we have the same dealer). I was told “Malibu doesn’t really do that anymore, but I can ask” I never got a response and doubt it was ever followed up on. I was annoyed at first, now I don’t really care. 

I didn’t say everyone got it but people have is all I was saying. 

If the OP really wants pictures add the book to his build. It’s really nice, a few of my friends have got it. 

The book is really cool!  $250 cool?  I don’t know.  But it is such a small fraction of the overall price and such a cool thing to have with the boat, I would probably do it.  

• Like 3

Kasey is going to try to hook me up with a few photos 😏. Thanks all for the help. He said our boat will be going down the line April 8 or 9th, super excited!

Edited by gregtay
8 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Kasey is going to try to hook me up with a few photos 😏. Thanks all for the help. He said the board will be going down the line April 8 or 9th, super excited!

He did a great job on the tour for us, and even excused himself to take a couple pics when we came up on a customers boat in the line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, gregtay said:

Kasey is going to try to hook me up with a few photos 😏. Thanks all for the help. He said our boat will be going down the line April 8 or 9th, super excited!

Kasey said mine is the same dates also so I'll keep an eye out for any boats in the background :)

23 hours ago, gregtay said:

White hull with Azure met and graphite met. How about yours?

B72FCCAA-58C4-445F-BF99-F3068EE9364D.jpeg

Nice that's going to look good on the water!

Here's mine:

BU2.png

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gregtay said:

Love it! Is that all graphite?

Yea interior is all graphite but with a white bead

Also the Malibu logo is going to be white