Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gator step color...

Suggestions for GatorStep color...  I've narrowed down to 2 choices for the top color.   Either Silver Cloud or Black over Atlantis.   I like the look of the black but have some reservations.  My dealer said the Black top color shows every blemish while the Grey is much more forgiving.   I'm also curious about how hot the black gets to the touch and stand on.   Thanks. 

HkkWS5TZwGD0TNGqGyochhounCyIb-2bgo9CwHKZ1TlDKnN5MjJKgSi89E569wHL9Y7Gk3YrQrjM7g8myK08ZlYCSW0QcVqyewhZLtyS2vj0z8yUP9o1feF2BMOchpSVyOXl3eX592UVcDJW1V8W0PAHuD5_Wwwf

ahopkins22LSV

@IXFE and or @Stevo can answer the how hot black gets. Both live in very warm areas. I personally love how black over silver cloud looks but we went with silver cloud over black for our top deck kit to match the factory flooring. Matching the azure would be sweet if it matched perfectly but I’d be very nervous that the Atlantis wouldn’t match perfectly and it would really bug me. 

Awesome looking boat btw. More pictures!

• Like 1

Black's legit.  I'll have to head to GS and pick up a sample and compare Atlantis to Azure.  Also found out today that GatorStep is no longer allowed to reproduce the Malibu logo. :(   

vjaF4Qg3EVR7frXq4VidLZM-VV-drd2qxkJlL3L6

Edited by 1107
add image
1 minute ago, 1107 said:

Black's legit.  I'll have to head to Eugene and pick up a sample and compare Atlantis to Azure.  Also found out today that GatorStep is no longer allowed to reproduce the Malibu logo. :( 

Eh... just design your own logo!

Black gator step never gets hot.  Even if you don't want no skid benefits it is worth putting on all areas where skin may contact paint.  

9 hours ago, 1107 said:

Black's legit.  I'll have to head to GS and pick up a sample and compare Atlantis to Azure.  Also found out today that GatorStep is no longer allowed to reproduce the Malibu logo. :(   

vjaF4Qg3EVR7frXq4VidLZM-VV-drd2qxkJlL3L6

Let us know how the color matches up.  I am guessing it is going to be more of blue (without green) than Azure.  But based on what you find out I might do it as a base with black on top.

I believe GatorStep is OEM for Axis but not Bu.  Malibu wasn't satisfied with the royalties from GatorStep so they pulled the rights to the trademark.

@gregtay

I didn't end up going.  But talked to Mason at GatorStep and Jermery at Active and they both said it looks spot on.  

Edited by 1107
52 minutes ago, 1107 said:

I believe GatorStep is OEM for Axis but not Bu.  Malibu wasn't satisfied with the royalties from GatorStep so they pulled the rights to the trademark.

@gregtay

I didn't end up going.  But talked to Mason at GatorStep and Jermery at Active and they both said it looks spot on.  

My boat was ordered with carpet and then we did custom Gatorstep with both Mason and Jeremy.  Looks perfect.  Thanks again gentlemen.

56278967431__4D3048AD-36B0-4EFB-8602-4E47FB33FFAB (1).JPEG

IMG_7219.jpg

To set the record straight, a Malibu Boats representative reached out to me, informing me that no Malibu / Axis logo should be sold in an aftermarket setting. Furthermore, unless it is an established part through Malibu, any logo usage is not permitted whether it comes from a direct sale to a customer or from a Malibu / Axis dealer.

Thank you everybody for supporting GatorStep throughout the years. The Malibu Crew and its members have been a huge help with promotion of our product and we are very thankful for this community!

Edited by UpperleftWake
Typo*
  • Like 3

@UpperleftWake -  with that statement about logo usage being an established part through Malibu - wouldn't that now exclude the sourcing of replacement Malibu decals through DomedNumbers e.g. the malibu side graphic, etc?   

Edited by DonT
corrected grammar
1 hour ago, 1107 said:

@gregtay

Thanks. I think you just made my color selection more difficult 😳

19 hours ago, 1107 said:

@gregtay

Gator in Axis and Sea Dek in Malibu.

I had black Gatorstep on my last boat and on those 100+ degree days you would rather be on it over the vinyl seats.

• Like 3