Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

High torque prop top speeds

mrothwell

I'm currently running a 1235 prop on my VTX but am looking to put a little higher torque prop on it.  We mostly surf, but I still like to ski at times so I need a decent top speed.  What kind of speed are you guys that are running a 2419 / 2315 / 2773 / etc.. getting?  I'm old and not skiing long distances, I just need 34 mph out of it, but would rather not be running at redline.  My 1235 works OK, but not great when I'm ballasted out, especially when I am at 7000 ft on vacation.

Thanks.

With 2419 at WOT, 5000 rpms, top speed is 37 mph at 3000 ft asl in my 2011 vride (08 vlx.) With 1235 it was 40 mph.

I believe the 2313 is the 15" version of the 1235.  It would be at the top of my list if I still skied but also wanted to surf.  Top end shouldn't drop much from the 1235.  Maybe 1 mph?  Thats just a guess based on my experience going from the 1235 to 2419.

Edited by bovhica

Thanks.  I'm going to give the OJ 945 a shot.  I think it will have a little better top end than the 2419, but probably not by much.  When I ski, I ski relatively shot runs at 34mph, so I wont be running full throttle, and wont even be running over 80% for too long of time.  If it doesn't work, I'll go on to something else.