Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf Setup - 23 LSV

eubanks

@eubanks I'd get right on your dealer and have them come demo the boat more with you. You should have absolutely no problem getting a fantastic surf wave out of a 2019 23LSV.

Also, dry suit in Texas in March!? What is the water temps.

• 3 weeks later...

We finally got a chance to go out again today. Here are my settings and what the wake looked like initially. I finally decided to stow the surf gate and then redeploy. It finally cleaned up. So I’m wondering if something is wrong with the gate (which is what I though initially) that is keeping it from full deployment. 

212FE082-3F87-4C54-A499-4D1A1E7A3BE7.jpeg

86BB4E67-2DC2-4304-947C-DE97A07F5102.jpeg

EB53EFAE-10C2-4EF1-80D7-CD4BBC279F79.jpeg

1 hour ago, eubanks said:

We finally got a chance to go out again today. Here are my settings and what the wake looked like initially. I finally decided to stow the surf gate and then redeploy. It finally cleaned up. So I’m wondering if something is wrong with the gate (which is what I though initially) that is keeping it from full deployment. 

212FE082-3F87-4C54-A499-4D1A1E7A3BE7.jpeg

86BB4E67-2DC2-4304-947C-DE97A07F5102.jpeg

EB53EFAE-10C2-4EF1-80D7-CD4BBC279F79.jpeg

Good to hear you are headed in the right direction.  Maybe get back there with a GoPro next time you are out and record the gates movements (might help your dealer as well.)

Also noticed you are putting out 15.2v just like the M6 25LSV guys... you have the M5, correct? Strange. My 23LSV w/ the M6 which was built in early April is showing the normal 14.2v.

16 hours ago, gregtay said:

Good to hear you are headed in the right direction.  Maybe get back there with a GoPro next time you are out and record the gates movements (might help your dealer as well.)

Also noticed you are putting out 15.2v just like the M6 25LSV guys... you have the M5, correct? Strange. My 23LSV w/ the M6 which was built in early April is showing the normal 14.2v.

Thanks.  Yeah, running the M5.  I don't know what's up with the voltage but seems to be normal with these engines?