Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer color

gregtay

One of my wife’s rules is the trailer color should match the tower when applicable.  It’s like a nice pair of shoes matching a quality belt :)  Can’t wear black dress shoes with a white belt haha

Wow guys this thread is all about first world problems eh?  Gotta smile... as an older malibu owner I have a trailer.  Said trailer pulls the boat to ramp.  It has functioning lights, bunks in good shape (re-carpeted) and bearings that are maintained.  I could care less otherwise haha.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, solorex said:

Wow guys this thread is all about first world problems eh?  Gotta smile... as an older malibu owner I have a trailer.  Said trailer pulls the boat to ramp.  It has functioning lights, bunks in good shape (re-carpeted) and bearings that are maintained.  I could care less otherwise haha.

Agree :)  But since he is building a new one and has a choice might as well make it look good!  

• Like 3

I’m the OP and I agree.. but again, they asked what color trailer I want, sort of need to have an answer. Color choices are free, so might as well choose the one that is going to look best.

• Like 2

Then my vote is black.  It's likely going to look the best the longest :) and it matches the tower.

Edited by solorex

BTW... turns out Azure Blue Met is a color choice for the trailer... sort of.  IF you go with the two tone option then you can choose Azure Blue Met as the accent color.  Strangely you cant seem to choose it for the "fender color" only or the base trailer color.

ahopkins22LSV
1 minute ago, gregtay said:

BTW... turns out Azure Blue Met is a color choice for the trailer... sort of.  IF you go with the two tone option then you can choose Azure Blue Met as the accent color.  Strangely you cant seem to choose it for the "fender color" only or the base trailer color.

I’m not surprised it’s not available for the whole trailer and honestly I wouldn’t want it. I think it would look terrible. Even as a fender accent color I think it might be over the top. It’s a bright loud color that I feel should be kept to an accent ofthe lightsa d or wheel accents. 

That said I did end up painting the fenders and steps vapor blue on my TXi trailer and I loved how it turned out. So azure on the fenders would probably look very good though too. With black, not white. 

A0420204-948E-4848-936F-51C4953223C7.thumb.jpeg.c4631cf793c070823b877d6175915529.jpeg

94B72218-2D55-4C63-A647-AFD564039C82.thumb.jpeg.9aea91f37a3b78eb9cd3db36bc315eff.jpeg

Guess I am being contrary to others but to me the white will be easier to keep clean than black showing all the dust.  There is more white on the side of the boat vs the tower.  

• Like 2

Well we made decision and Malibu accepted the changes. We went with a two tone trailer, base color is black but the fenders and steps will be Azure Blue Metallic. Might that be a little bright? Yep, but I think it will look unique and we like unique. 

• Like 3
On 3/23/2019 at 12:17 PM, gregtay said:

Well we made decision and Malibu accepted the changes. We went with a two tone trailer, base color is black but the fenders and steps will be Azure Blue Metallic. Might that be a little bright? Yep, but I think it will look unique and we like unique. 

Good choice! As nice as the white elite shield looks from the get go it shows way more flaws after a year of use than the black trailer. As a dealer we actually stopped ordering white trailers as they were the ones to always come back for warranty issues looking a bit dingy after a year of use. Black is pretty much impossible to screw up and really looks good with pretty much any color theme. Also once that boat is in the water no one sees the trailer right? haha

• 4 weeks later...