Jump to content

 

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

gregtay

Trailer color

Recommended Posts

gregtay

Currently I have a black trailer specs (with Azure Blue light inserts) and I am having second thought on going with black for a boat with no black (except the tower.)  REALLY wish I could get an Azure Blue trailer because it would be fun an unique but it seems Malibu offers just about every other color except Azure Blue for the trailer base which is a bummer :-/  I don't think a Graphite trailer would look all that great so I am sort of stuck between white and black. :-/  And I am bored waiting for my spray date to come overthinking everything... so I am going to ask the Crew... white or black? (or some other crazy combo... I could do bright orange!! :-O)

Here is the boat (Azure Blue/Gunmetal/white w/black tower

 

Azure final 2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep

It's a trailer - whatever color is free ;)

Having had a couple white trailers and a black one I would go with black.  The black doesn't show all the little bits of road tar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregtay

And I should add this photo which had me starting to wonder if Black was going to look a little funny under the boat... same gel scheme but the Red parts are Azure on our boat and to me this trailer looks a little out of place vs. the white trailer under the blue boat. (Note that my wife believes the Black tower on our boat will tie in the black trailer so these photos don't represent it well and maybe she has a point.)

 

trailers.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep

I'm going to rib you a bit here.  So - concerned that a black trailer won't match the boat.  What color is your truck?  I'd make sure that you don't need to run out and get a new truck ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dfowkes
6 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Currently I have a black trailer specs (with Azure Blue light inserts) and I am having second thought on going with black for a boat with no black (except the tower.)  REALLY wish I could get an Azure Blue trailer because it would be fun an unique but it seems Malibu offers just about every other color except Azure Blue for the trailer base which is a bummer :-/  I don't think a Graphite trailer would look all that great so I am sort of stuck between white and black. :-/  And I am bored waiting for my spray date to come overthinking everything... so I am going to ask the Crew... white or black? (or some other crazy combo... I could do bright orange!! :-O)

Here is the boat (Azure Blue/Gunmetal/white w/black tower

 

Azure final 2.JPG

Black trailer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregtay
22 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

I'm going to rib you a bit here.  So - concerned that a black trailer won't match the boat.  What color is your truck?  I'd make sure that you don't need to run out and get a new truck ;)

Funny.. I didn't think about truck color.  Dark grey (as seen in these photos) but in sunlight it is might lighter (changes significantly with sunlight)

 

srt3.JPG

srt.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep
8 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Funny.. I didn't think about truck color.  Dark grey (as seen in these photos) but in sunlight it is might lighter (changes significantly with sunlight)

 

srt3.JPG

srt.JPG

Are those actually rated to tow?  I thought the SRT stuff from dodge usually had a "loose" torque convertor that would heat up if you ever tried to pull much with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregtay
13 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Are those actually rated to tow?  I thought the SRT stuff from dodge usually had a "loose" torque convertor that would heat up if you ever tried to pull much with it.

Yes... 8700 pounds (even SAE J2807 certified) and it tows like a champ.  My wife has the Jeep SRT which is rated at 7700 and still tows great.  Huge Brembo brakes so stopping is no issue at all. In Tow mode the adaptive suspension tightens up the rear so you hardly know there is a boat back there and it has active trailer anti-sway.  There is zero sway, at 70 up a mountain road it is very planted and stable.  Oh... and power is never an issue but I think that is a given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregtay

or I just go with Black AND White...

 

trailer bw.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chappy

Here is what white looks like on a similar boat, I had black before and I love the clean look of white.

20180731_185523.jpg

20180731_143220.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregtay
5 minutes ago, Chappy said:

Here is what white looks like on a similar boat, I had black before and I love the clean look of white.

20180731_185523.jpg

20180731_143220.jpg

That does look super clean (and your boat looks huge!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23LSVOwner

Whatever color you decide on I recommend going with the elite shield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raimie

If you go with white, you get elite shield for a lot less $$...

Here is mine...

IMG_20180520_122520744_HDR.jpg.1e763f5ae1c6296ca0845721ee4dbcc2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raimie

@ahopkinsVTX has a very similar scheme to yours, but he does have some black. This should give you a good idea of the black tower, white hull/azure on a black trailer though...

48A7283B-D237-4606-AC62-70FF004B92F9_thumb_jpeg_69215175f55d12a7e87c53cee7793ce1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
achimbos

Another vote for white.

IMG_3288.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raimie
Posted (edited)

I think either color will look great thanks to your black tower. You can't go wrong as long as you upgrade your wheels to something other than the steel base wheels - AXIS ONLY, Malibu base wheels are Aluminum and look great.

If elite shield is important to you, it is a cost savings to go white (if you are concerned with a budget)

Edited by Raimie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregtay
52 minutes ago, Raimie said:

I think either color will look great thanks to your black tower. You can't go wrong as long as you upgrade your wheels to something other than the steel base wheels.

If elite shield is important to you, it is a cost savings to go white (if you are concerned with a budget)

Wait... what? the base Turismo wheels are steel??  I was told they were Alumium and they weren't all that bad.  I have to stick with 14" to maximize garage clearance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldjeep
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Wait... what? the base Turismo wheels are steel??  I was told they were Alumium and they weren't all that bad.  I have to stick with 14" to maximize garage clearance.

Seems highly unlikely that the base wheels would be steel.  Unless Malibu has been downgrading bigtime, the base wheels have been Aluminum for years and years

Edit - looking at the build sheets for a bunch of the boats my dealer has in stock - 14 in Alum Turismo Blk is the description for the base wheels

Edited by oldjeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX

FWIW, here is my old TXi with zero black on the boat and all black. I thought it looked just fine. 

6BEE8F0C-0308-4D78-9218-9C062B84687C.thumb.jpeg.5cc998f9255cb8e5efcdbdf1c02b8ab9.jpeg

And yes, I went black again on the vtx. Two panels of black on the boat plus the tower. I think it looks amazing. 

B1EE4974-F817-4E38-9EFF-1FF17C3C8478.thumb.jpeg.78174608b0ac9b7d82e47800cc5a44f6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ahopkinsVTX
12 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Wait... what? the base Turismo wheels are steel??  I was told they were Alumium and they weren't all that bad.  I have to stick with 14" to maximize garage clearance.

No only on axis. The base wheels on Malibu are those shown on my VTX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raimie
27 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Wait... what? the base Turismo wheels are steel??  I was told they were Alumium and they weren't all that bad.  I have to stick with 14" to maximize garage clearance.

Sorry bout that, does not apply to Malibu's per ahop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raimie

Here is another boat with no black except the windshield frame on a black trailer. I thought it looked fine...

No matter what we all have black on our boats thanks to the windshield frame...

IMG_20150502_165750379_HDR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boardjnky4

I didn't have it in me to spend any more money on options, so I got a black trailer with my White and Vapor Blue A22. Pics to come soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slurpee
2 hours ago, gregtay said:

Currently I have a black trailer specs (with Azure Blue light inserts) and I am having second thought on going with black for a boat with no black (except the tower.)  REALLY wish I could get an Azure Blue trailer because it would be fun an unique but it seems Malibu offers just about every other color except Azure Blue for the trailer base which is a bummer :-/  I don't think a Graphite trailer would look all that great so I am sort of stuck between white and black. :-/  And I am bored waiting for my spray date to come overthinking everything... so I am going to ask the Crew... white or black? (or some other crazy combo... I could do bright orange!! :-O)

Here is the boat (Azure Blue/Gunmetal/white w/black tower

Here's my no-black boat with a white trailer.

42797286511_9bd627f0b4_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TallRedRider

Your wife is right.  Black on the tower with the black bimini cover will tie in nicely with a black trailer with azure accents.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...