Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who has their boat out of winter storage?!

ahopkins22LSV

Wow...that’s some crazy mud and I can’t believe you didn’t get the ‘bu all muddy!!

mine still sits next to my garage under the “blue tarp of sadness”. The lake is still frozen and I think we’ve got another 2-3 weeks before that clears so it’ll be a while. 😢

• Like 2

Loon still is 90% covered, but shrinking quickly! My boat is in my garage. I need to re-waterproof the cover then I'll pull it out into the yard. But our docks don't go in for another month. So she'll be on the trailer a bit longer. 

Mine is still nice and cozy inside at the dealer. I believe the warranty stuff should be done, so I am going to inspect it Monday. I do not think I will bring it home yet though as I won't be putting it in the water til the end of April at the earliest. We have no ice left, but since it's a river, I have to wait for the debris train to clear out. Typically we see that the first couple weeks in April.

• Like 1

Brought mine home this week.  Now I drive down to the launch every day just to listen for any shifting/cracking.  Last year we started today (March 22).  Right now I'm not sure when ice out will finally arrive.

• Like 1

This winter has been long and hard (enter Michael Scott quote here) Here in Salt Lake City we finally had a few dry sunny days.  Snowpack is way up so I’m hoping that Lake Powell rises significantly.  End of last year it was pretty bad i think they had to close “the cut” by wahweap.

I’m ready for summer!  Just need a boat!  Soon...

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, kayt425 said:

This winter has been long and hard (enter Michael Scott quote here) Here in Salt Lake City we finally had a few dry sunny days.  Snowpack is way up so I’m hoping that Lake Powell rises significantly.  End of last year it was pretty bad i think they had to close “the cut” by wahweap.

I’m ready for summer!  Just need a boat!  Soon...

Lake Powell is 43 feet down compared to last year right now.  Snowpack has been interesting.  Although Utah has been pounded with snow, the upper Colorado and Green are not so much.  Snowpack is at 138% of normal.  That is still a lot, but I was sure hoping for even more.  It is sad that we now consider 100% of normal to be a really good snow year.  http://lakepowell.water-data.com/

Not really winter storage here in So Cal (it stays in a covered carport) but mine is out and at the dealer getting serviced after about 7 years of not seeing water!

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Low water will definitely not be a problem here this year.  Crazy snow year, all the rivers are flooding and I suspect that Minnetonka will be high.  Good year to check out Minnehaha falls. 

They opened the dam at Grey's Bay yesterday. 

1 hour ago, TallRedRider said:

Lake Powell is 43 feet down compared to last year right now.  Snowpack has been interesting.  Although Utah has been pounded with snow, the upper Colorado and Green are not so much.  Snowpack is at 138% of normal.  That is still a lot, but I was sure hoping for even more.  It is sad that we now consider 100% of normal to be a really good snow year.  http://lakepowell.water-data.com/

Oh no!  That is actually really depressing.  We have been hammered up here with snow and i know central/southern utah have had a strong winter too.  So if that doesn't even make a dent in the water level, Powell is in for some serious problems in the future.  I hope they can keep the cut open at least.

Let’s see, surfed a week at Xmas, then New Years,  MLK weekend,  Presidents weekend, and been surfing the last week during Spring Break.  Where the hell do you people live?  Alaska?  Russia?

3 hours ago, jsmithsole said:

Not really winter storage here in So Cal (it stays in a covered carport) but mine is out and at the dealer getting serviced after about 7 years of not seeing water!

Wow, keep us posted how it goes when you do get it in.

Steve B.