Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Arc Audio Questions

DDSurfer

For anyone who has experience with Arc Audio products, I need some help deciding which amp or amps to power 4 Rev 10's on my 2019. I haven't taken delivery yet, but unfortunately am already disappointed with the factory power. A detuned Syn DX2 seems ridiculous to me for powering 4 Rev 10's, I incorrectly assumed that with checking that $5K box you'd at least get a Syn DX2.3HP, bummer. 

Anyways, Arc Audio seems to be a really solid brand, great engineering and great reviews from customers. I am trying to decide between a couple set ups, and would really prefer a single amp for the towers so I don't have to mess with re-wiring this season. If there's going to be an audible difference in quality, I may go for 2 amps but ideally would like a single one if it can deliver adequate power for the 10's. 

I am stuck between the KS600.2, which looks like it delivers the power required, and can also add a second KS600.2 down the line if desired. I also noticed they have the "Arc Series" amps, and the Arc 1000.4 looks like a god fit that can run 250w per can at 4 ohms. Is there an audible difference between 300w per can at 2ohm from the KS600.2 vs. the 250w per can at 4 ohm from the 1000.4? 

Thanks for your input in advance.

I ran two pair of rev10s a couple of boats ago.  For a while I was on one KS600.2.  Later I added a second KS600.2, and also upgraded the tower wiring from 16awg to 13awg at the same time.  There was zero difference in output between the two setups as perceived from the end of the wakeboard line.

I just don't see the allure of the Arc Audio setup. You only save $130 on the KS600.2 vs the Syn DX2.3HP. It's just not that much of a price difference to justify not going with a matching brand system.

2 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

I just don't see the allure of the Arc Audio setup. You only save $130 on the KS600.2 vs the Syn DX2.3HP. It's just not that much of a price difference to justify not going with a matching brand system.

Are you looking at MSRP or out the door?  My experience has been that bigger discounts are possible for arc stuff than WS.  Like you should be able to find one for $500 (or less) without much work.  I don't know what the street price of the WS stuff is tho.

3 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Are you looking at MSRP or out the door?  My experience has been that bigger discounts are possible for arc stuff than WS.  Like you should be able to find one for $500 (or less) without much work.  I don't know what the street price of the WS stuff is tho.

Well, maybe that's true if looking at discount sites, but you've got to beware that they only cover warranty on items purchased from their site, or one other online retailer.

Looks like creative audio has it for $699, and they are the other authorized seller. That's a bit more compelling of a discount.

Edited by boardjnky4
5 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

Well, maybe that's true if looking at discount sites, but you've got to beware that they only cover warranty on items purchased from their site, or one other online retailer.

Looks like creative audio has it for $699, and they are the other authorized seller. That's a bit more compelling of a discount.

Oh I was talking about walking into an authorized dealer.

Arc is a solid line and the KS series is proven. Power wise, the 600.2 is perfect for 2 pair. But there are some differences between the marine built Syn-DX2.3HP and the KS600.2 worth noting. Enclosed amp with covered/sealed controls. v's open POTs, un-coated PSB with cooling fan blowing humid lake air across it. The DX2.3HP is class-D, so a little more efficient then the KS. This might be worth the difference in retail for some consumers. 2 year warranty on the DX2.3HP compared to 1 year on the KS, unless installed by authorized installer, then 3 years. 

Why are you considering the Arc 1000.4 and not the 1000.2? The 4 chnl would require rewiring the tower and for 250W less to each pod? Just note, I think this new Arc series requires an external cross-over/DSP. 

I had a 600.2 running 2-pair in my 07. It sounded great. Properly tuned it will be all that you need. I Don’t remember what I paid but it was significantly less than advertised. I walked into a local dealer. Also it is my understanding that the Arc Audio produce a much softer/smoother sound than the Wetsounds. 

36 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

Also it is my understanding that the Arc Audio produce a much softer/smoother sound than the Wetsounds. 

Ill add some context. I do not think Wet Sounds offered an amp in 07. About 09 they released the original Syn series, which was build on the platform of the..........wait for it..........Arc KS series. 

So prior to the release of the Syn series, this statement makes 0 sense. Once the Syn series was release, this statement makes, again, 0 sense. 

After the Syn series, Wet Sounds released their all new SD series. I can say without a doubt, the above statement holds no water. The budget friendly HT amps were great, but not on the level of the KS series, so again, no comparison. The new class-D Syn-DX and  SDX are phenomenal! The new HTX amps are a huge step up from the original HT. Cant see how anyone could make the above statement comparing them. 

I stand corrected. MLA would know way better than myself. 

My 07 was an aftermarket install in around 2015

I was going by what I have been told by an installer. My installer is a die hard Arc Audio guy. Very specific amps from the KS series only. He also mentioned the original Wetsounds amps were sourced from Arc, only they were coated. 

And maybe he needs to try some of the NEW Wetsounds Amps👍🏻😃

Edited by Sparky450