Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can I add PNP to the Midship Hard Tank?

mfranksj9

I have a 2013 247 LSV with rear hard tanks (#200, #225) and PNP bags (#1500 each) and a Midship hard tank (#645) with no PNP. I have a integrated bow bag (#725) that I use a manual pump for. I am wondering if I can add the front bow integrated bag as a PNP to the Midship hard tank/pump?  This would create pretty equal distribution throughout the boat as well as  gallons per pump. Has anyone ever done this? Any Issues? 

Edited by mfranksj9
cant load picture

Plug n play means to plug up a sac, and go surf or board. In 2013, there was no PnP plumbing option, so there is nothing to plug a sac up to. You would have to add in your piggyback style plumbing, which can be done. 

I am not sure how it would work on a 2013, but here is an install guide from one of our more gifted members if you would like to follow his example:  

On 3/21/2019 at 8:51 AM, MLA said:

Plug n play means to plug up a sac, and go surf or board. In 2013, there was no PnP plumbing option, so there is nothing to plug a sac up to. You would have to add in your piggyback style plumbing, which can be done. 

That is incorrect on multiple levels 

6 hours ago, mfranksj9 said:

That is incorrect on multiple levels 

@mfranksj9 - MLA's correct.  Malibu coined then term "plug and play", or PnP as a marketing approach to their system that refers to having all the plumbing in place for adding additional bags.  All you have to do is connect your separately purchased bags up and go.  No plumbing modifications required.  There is not any sort of PnP setup with the midship ballast. 

The piggyback system is a wakemakers package that allows you to interrupt the current plumbing of your hard tanks to add additional bags into the mix.  As he stated, you could go the piggyback approach, as you would need to modify your current system.