Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop etching/pattern missing

AKjoe

I bought a new prop that came in the mail today.  The etching/pattern is missing from one side of one of the blades.  All of the other sides of the blades have etching/pattern, but this one side does not.  This one side is smooth.  Anyone else come across this before?  I don’t think it’s normal and am planning to return it.  

E978F904-DFF6-411F-8E2E-D58E36396487.thumb.jpeg.d2db5b1e69d87d7392e08e96c66d0ae9.jpeg

I believe that is done by acme when they balance the prop and need to take a little metal of one of the blades for balancing. Every prop I’ve had has some and never has affected anything. 

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV

If you are super concerned about it, I’d reach out to ACME or OJ with your concern before returning it. They both have good customer service and I’m in the it was probably in the balancing process as well. 

2 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

If you are super concerned about it, I’d reach out to ACME or OJ with your concern before returning it. They both have good customer service and I’m in the it was probably in the balancing process as well. 

I didn’t think of balancing, but it makes a lot of sense now.  Appreciate you guys that have been around the block a few more times!