Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WS MC1 and Shadow Caster Distribution Box

Ryan1776

I think this could have gone in this forum or the audio. So I'll throw it here. 
I have a new MC1 installed. I have since realized 75% of my Rockfords are pretty much junk and am considering speakers with RGB. 
It looks like the Shadow Caster box are 4 zone channel. But of course I have 8 speakers. 
I know I can pair up speakers to a single channel, my question is- what speaker(s) would you pair together? 

Would you do both bows on one, both walk ways on one 2 forward cabin on one and 2 rear cabin on one?  Or split them left and right? Or non of this? I really don't want to buy 2 of these power blocks. 

How are these typically connected?

With 4 zones, you have lots of options. What about a future woofer and/or tower zone? This leaves you 2 for interior. IF using all 4 for interior, it depends on how busy you wanted the light show to be. Id consider using 2 zones and do a left and right. All left on one chnls and all rights on 2nd. Or 3 zone = 4 main cabin on one, walkway on 2nd, bow on 3rd. 

Just now, MLA said:

With 4 zones, you have lots of options. What about a future woofer and/or tower zone? This leaves you 2 for interior. IF using all 4 for interior, it depends on how busy you wanted the light show to be. Id consider using 2 zones and do a left and right. All left on one chnls and all rights on 2nd. Or 3 zone = 4 main cabin on one, walkway on 2nd, bow on 3rd. 

Got it OK! That makes sense. I guess I didn't know how/if each speaker had their own zone. I guess thinking about it, you really don't need too. 

Thanks man. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shadow-Caster-Power-Distribution-Box/192642684237

Is this the same as the one with "wetsounds" badging? Looks like a 6 channel.... But I don't know if the MC-1 will support 6? I guess I really don't know much about it at all! :lol::oops:

be careful. There is a difference between "chnl" and "zone". Zone typically indicates its output can be separately controlled from other zones. Chnl can mean its just a separate power output, so to divide the lighting load across the unit. If you want zone control through your MC-1, you need to make sure you are choosing the correct compatible RGB zone controller interface. 

17 minutes ago, MLA said:

be careful. There is a difference between "chnl" and "zone". Zone typically indicates its output can be separately controlled from other zones. Chnl can mean its just a separate power output, so to divide the lighting load across the unit. If you want zone control through your MC-1, you need to make sure you are choosing the correct compatible RGB zone controller interface. 

Alright. Good point.